cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In all Systems( DEV , qualituy and Production ) Application data is same?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDN team , need clarification from experts.

Thanks alot for giving me advise to resolve my issues. .Need another clarification also from experts.

SAP_EXPA(SAP_ALL with cross-client customizing) , can be selected if I want to transport to a New system( no clients available) ..Am I right?

1) using SAP_ALL , i think user'data and roles alos will be copied ..Am I right?

2) Document says SAP_CUST (Client-specific customizing including authorization profile is copied. The application data is deleted, the user data is retained.)

here I have a question like

a) what authorization profile will be copied , is it user specific?

b) What exactly the meaning of "Application Data is deleted " I hope in all Systems( DEV , qualituy and Production ) there is same Application data maintained. Pls correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rajani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajani,

To make matter more clear

SAP_CUST: Only Customizing data is copied and application data is not copied but deleted in target client also that user data is not copied i.e. target client user data is retained.

SAP_ALL copies all data belonging to a client, i.e. User data , Customizing data and application data.

Hope this is useful

Regards

Umesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajani,

Below are the answers to your queries:

1) SAP_EXPA(SAP_ALL with cross-client customizing) , can be selected if I want to transport to a New system( no clients available) ..Am I right?

Ans YES (infact it has to be a new system only otherwise Client-independent data and thus all clients in the target system are affected by this and can be destroyed! )

2) using SAP_ALL , i think user'data and roles alos will be copied ..Am I right?

Ans YES

3) Document says SAP_CUST (Client-specific customizing including authorization profile is copied. The application data is deleted, the user data is retained.

here I have a question like

a) what authorization profile will be copied , is it user specific?

Ans YES ( User Master Reacords are deleted)

b) What exactly the meaning of "Application Data is deleted " I hope in all Systems( DEV , qualituy and Production ) there is same Application data maintained. Pls correct me if I am wrong.

ANS:

Application data is dependent upon Customizing data. Therefore, the data can only exist consistently together with it. Application data is always deleted in target clients, with the exception of a copy with SAP_USR or SAP_USER.

Hope this is useful

Regards

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

Thanks alot for your quick reply.I came to conclusion now , pls help me at this juncture.

<u>Application data is dependent upon Customizing data.</u>

1) If I select SAP_CUST Profile , there will be no Application data copied to Target Client, so there will be inconsistency in target client , how to manage inconsistency.

2) using SAP_ALL profile , Application Data and customizing data of client will be copied , so there will be no issues.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Rajani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Did I explain my problem correctly? Are you understand ?

pls reply.

Regards

Rajani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajani,

And how will the inconsistency of application data (mainly transaction data ) affect you. The lack of application data can affect you since you want have a good testing environment but inconsistent data.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ruchit ,

my question is if select SAP_CUST profile , Will Application data get transported along with customizing data (or )only Customizing data get transported?

I am sure that if I select SAP_ALL , both will be transported.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rajani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajani,

SAP_CUST will copy on all customizing table entires and not application data.

Regards.

Ruchit.