Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asynchronous web service communication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I could not find a solution for my problem yet:

I want to use XI 3.0 to receive asynchronous web service calls. The XI web service should be stateful.

Once the defined scenario is finished regarding the communication with all other involved systems and the needed data is collected the web service should return the payload to a callback interface created by the web service client.

This means at configuration time I am not able to define a URL in the SOAP receiver channel for the business service of the web service client.

This Url is part of the SOAP-header at runtime.

So the overall question is: Does XI 3.0 support WS-ReliableMessaging and WS-Addressing?

Regards,

Denis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Currently SAP XI doesn't support the WS-RM and WS-Addressing Standards,

but its pronounced to have WS-RM in the next Version 7.1 of SAP PI.

See here:

/people/udo.paltzer/blog/2007/04/26/new-sap-netweaver-process-integration-release-planned-for-2007

As WS-RM requires WS-Addressing, there must be some support somehow, but

maybe better ask in the mentioned blog.

In the current version (7.0), as far as i know you can't use a posted url as a callback, but

you can fake it via 2 "independent" asynchronous Routing configurations:

- one from the client to the service

- one from the service to the client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello @all,

I am kind of facing the same problem here. In order to make the communication as loosly coupeld as possible all of the communication should be implementet async. Some times the WebService needs one day to respond.

In order to realize that, I belive I need WS-Addresing, but how to use that in XI 3.0?

Any idea? I cant find anything in the forum.

Erik