cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE-ENGINE_ADA license type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

I have an evaluation version of J2EE_ENGINE_ADA copy. have got an installation number from SAP but always get the file with ORA suffix like J2EE_ENGINE_ORA. When I apply that I always see J2EE_ENGINE_ADA is not valid and so the server shuts down in 30 mts.

1. Since my database is MAXDB should I get the permanent license with database to MAXDB?

2. Somehow the default database for me always shows as ORACLE and when I try to get the license for MAXDB it says I can only get the temp license for 14 days

3. How can I replace the temp license of J2EE-ENGINE_ADA with a permanent one.

Thanks for your pointers

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Its quit strange! When you apply for an License you need to intimate the details about your SAP System (SAP Version , Flavour, OS and Database type)

And even if after initmating that your database is MaxDB, why does SAP sends you License for ORACLE DB.

One thing is sure that you need a License w.r.t MaxDB database (Incase if your database is MaxDB)!

Please analyze further for the default database - why does is shows ORACLE and where exactly does it shows????

Regards,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prem for the reply.

I do get the license type for the MaxDB( it ends with ADA). But when I get the license for the ORACLE ( creating the system) it is a permanent one) but for ADA it shows it can be only for 14 days.

I have a Sneak preview installation of Netweaver2004s J2EE edition that has J2EE-ENGINE_ADA temp license. I want to change this to a permament license.

1. is it possible

2. Otherwise where to get the installer for a fresh installation.

Guess I'm asking lots of questions.

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (0)