cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost center not committed on shopping cart, for account assign cat "Asset"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are implementing extended classic scenario in SRM 5.0 with ECC 6.0 backend.

While creating a shopping cart in SRM, in the cost assignment tab when we select an account assignment category as “Asset", and then try to enter a value in the cost center in the basic details of cost assignment, it is not getting committed to shopping cart screen. The cost center field value is lost when we move to the next screen for ordering the shopping cart. For the asset related purchases, we are using main account assignment category as "asset" and it also requires cost center, because while the asset master record is being created in R/3 for these items,it requires the cost center. We also using internal order. So for the account assignment category "Asset", the other account assignment fields that can be entered are cost center, internal order and one custom field called "project code".

We have created this user-defined field in the cost assignment tab in the shopping cart, purchase order and confirmation documents in SRM in accordance with the OSS note 672960. We have implemented BBP_CUF_BADI_2 & BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI, BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI for the shopping cart object.

Can someone please help me with this issue?

Thanks,

Krupa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got hte same issue.

Cost center has been set to mandatory while creating asset directly from the SC or ME21N.

In ME21N, we got a second screen where we can input the cost center and then the asset is created successfully.

However, from SRM, there is no second screen where user can enter the cost center ! Thus it is not possible to crearte an asset from the SC

Does anybody succeed with mandatory cost center ?

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Ramakrishna and Yann for your prompt reply..

Ramakrisha,

I know that for assets, SC requires asset number and G/L is automatically derived from the corresponding asset class from the backend. In our case, we are putting dummy asset number in shopping cart and this asset number exists in R/3. But we are not generating asset creation during shopping cart creation but we are doing it during the PO creation in doc change badi. During this asset generation you also need cost center on the asset record. So we have added cost center field for Asset account assignment category and I can see it in the details of account assignment. But when I enter this cost center on shopping cart, it doesnot get committed, it disappears when I order the shopping cart.

Does anybody have any clue why this might be happening?

Thanks,

Krupa

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any news ?

Did you solved your issue ?

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

With reference to Cost center wiping out in PO issue. SAP is not supporting this functionality from Release 4.0, it is no longer possible to enter a cost center on the purchase order item of the fixed asset and hence on shopping cart. Since it does account assignment check in the SAP backend when you create a shopping cart.

we had created a messge with SAP and they came back to us with OSS notes like "684659" but for our it was not recommendable since if we do that setting in Balance sheet GL then we were restricting ourselves to modify the time dependent data of Asset master when we transfer the asset with in the company code.

so we have created a custom field for cost center for the "AS" account assignment category and we are filling this custom cost center field and passing this cost center value on to asset master cost center.

Regds,

Krupa

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the information

We have configured SRM50 so that we get AS+CC fields in SC.

We are on the way to include the cost center value in the asset creation bapi because CC is mandatory in ECC to create asset master.

We don't care if CC is not transfered to PO after asset creation from SC.

I am not sure tounderstand evrything written in note 684659...

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krupa,

For assets there won't be any cost center as we have asset code / no. for assets which is directly linked to G/L account.

So when you choose asset you have to enter the asset code/no. The asset code (master record) is created in the backend R/3 using <b>AS01</b> T.code.

Hope this will clarify your doubt.Any further clarifications are welcome.

Rgds,

Teja