cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cutomizing of Third Party Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can any help me in the process of customizing of Third Party Orders in SD and MM.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

In SD we can create a material with the item category as follows

Pre-requisites

1. Item category group BANS

2. Item category TAS

3. Scheduline category CS

4. In material master MRP ( Special procurement key for external procurement with delivery). In standard system special procurement Key 20.

5. Create Purchase Info-recored (ME11)

6. Create Source lst ( ME01)

7. In Scheduleline, 'CS', Purchase Req. 'NB', Cust. Assg. Group-5 and other below 1 should be maintained.

Process.

1. Sales order is converted to purchase requisition due to NB in Scheduline 'CS'

2. With reference to Purchase requisition Purchase Order should be created in ME21N.

3. Goods are sent to customer through shipping address.

4. G.R should be created with MIGO ( goods are posted in Consumption account)

5. I.R should be created with MIRO

6. Invoice to customer with Sales Order reference is created.

Here in MM the process is same but we receive PR number from SD ..to know that MM guy checks the update in MDO4 and then convert it in to PO and send it to vendor where he directly delivers goods.

reward if posssible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can i know the customizing part in MM

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>Processing Third-Party Orders in MM Purchasing</b>

When you save a sales order that contains one or more third-party items, the system automatically creates a purchase requisition in Purchasing. Each third-party item in a sales order automatically generates a corresponding purchase requisition item. During creation of the requisition, the system automatically determines a vendor for each requisition item. If a sales order item has more than one schedule line, the system creates a purchase requisition item for each schedule line.

Purchase orders are created from purchase requisitions in the usual way. For more information about creating purchase orders, see the Purchasing documentation. During creation of the purchase order, the system automatically copies the delivery address of your customer from the corresponding sales order. In a sales order, you can enter purchase order texts for each third-party item. When you create the corresponding purchase order, the texts are automatically copied into the purchase order. The number of the purchase order appears in the document flow information of the sales order.

All changes made in the purchase order are automatically made in the sales order as well. For example, if the vendor confirms quantities and delivery dates different from those you request and enters them in the purchase order, the revised data is automatically copied into the sales order.

<b>How Purchasing Data Affects Delivery Scheduling</b>

During the automatic delivery scheduling of third-party items, the system takes into account lead times specified by the purchasing department. For example, the system allows for the time required by the vendor to deliver the goods to your customer and also the time required by the purchasing department to process third-party orders.

Hope this will give you insight about TPO processing

Regards

SD

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

in third party processing the material should have item category group as "BANS" and the item category should be "TAS" which results in schedule line category "CS" which should have "NB" as document type.

first create a vendor with "XK01"

should have maontained purchase info record "ME01"

should have maintained source list "ME11"

now create a sales order using VA01 which will create the purchase requissition automatically as soon as you save the order.

now goto VA02 and schedule lines data make a note of purchase requisition number and now create a purcjhase order with ref to PR

goto ME57 or ME58 create a purchase order

goto MIGO for goods recipt

goto MIRO for invoice receipt

now do VF01 to your customer

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/70/a7853478616434e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

1. Create Vendor XK01

2. Create Material &#8211; Material Type as "Trading Goods". Item category group as "BANS".

3. Assign Item Category TAS to Order type that you are going to use.

4. A sale order is created and when saved a PR is generated at the background

5. With reference to SO a PO is created (ME21N). The company raises PO to the vendor.

6. Vendor delivers the goods and raises bill to company. MM receives the invoice MIRO

7. Goods receipt MIGO

8. Goods issue

9. The item cat TAS or Schedule line cat CS is not relevant for delivery which is evident from the config and, therefore, there is no delivery process attached in the whole process of Third party sales.

10. Billing

SD - 3rd party sales order Create Sales Order

VA01

Order Type

Sales org, distr chnl, div

Enter

Sold to

PO #

Material

Quantity

Enter

Save

SD - 3rd party sales order View the PR that is created with a third party sales order

VA01

Order Number

Goto Item Overview

Item ->Schedule Item

SD - 3rd party sales order View the PR that is created

ME52N

Key in the PR number

Save

SD - 3rd party sales order Assign the PR to the vendor and create PO

ME57

Key in the PR number

Toggle the "Assigned Purchase Requisition"

Execute

Check the box next to the material

Assign Automatically button

Click on "Assignments" button

Click on "Process assignment"

The "Process Assignment Create PO" box , enter

Drag the PR and drop in the shopping basket

Save

SD - 3rd party sales order Receive Goods

MIGO_GR

PO Number

DN Number

Batch tab , click on classification

Serial Numbers tab

Date of Production

Flag Item OK

Check, just in case

Save

SD - 3rd party sales order Create Invoice

MIRO

Invoice Date

Look for the PO , state the vendor and the Material

Check the box

Clilck on "Copy"

Purchase Order Number (bottom half of the screen)

Amount

State the baseline date

Simulate & Post

Invoice Number

*Invoice blocked due to date variance

SD - 3rd party sales order Create a delivery order

VL01N

In the order screen , go to the menu Sales Document , select "Deliver"

Go to "picking" tab

State the qty and save

SD - 3rd party sales order Create a billing document

VF01

Ensure that the delivery document is correct in the

Enter

Go to edit -> Log

Save

with regards to auto PO, tick the item category control at VOV7 for the field create automatic PO, and at schedule line category mention the material account assignment, maintain Purchase Order type, MM item category.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Processing Third-Party Orders in Sales</b>

Third-party items can be created automatically by the system, depending on how your system is set. However, you can also change a standard item to a third-party item during sales processing manually.

<u>Automatic third-party order processing</u>

If a material is always delivered from one or more third-party vendors, you can specify in the material master that the material is a third-party item. During subsequent sales order processing, the system automatically determines the appropriate item category for a third-party item: TAS. To specify a material as a third-party item, enter BANS in the Item category group field in the Sales 2 screen of the material master record.

<u>Manual third-party order processing</u>

In the case of a material that you normally deliver yourself but occasionally need to order from a third-party vendor, you can overwrite the item category during sales order processing. For a material that you normally deliver yourself, you specify the item category group NORM in the material master.

If, as an exception, you use a third-party material, change the entry TAN to TAS in the ItCa field when processing the sales document. The item is then processed as third-party item.

Tip: If address data for the ship-to party is changed in the sales order in third-party business transactions, the changed data will automatically be passed on to purchase requisition and also to the purchase order ,if one already exists. In the purchase order, you can display the address data for the ship-to party in the attributes for the item.

You can only change the address data for the ship-to party in the sales order for third-party business transactions, and not in the purchase order.

Hope this will help you

Reward if so

Regards

SD