cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete and Archiving jobs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question for the Archiving and delete jobs.

Archiving messages:

-

SAP_BC_XMB_ARCHIVE<client>

This job in turn schedules jobs 1 Write job.

ARV_BC_XMB_WRP20070917012553

and some delete jobs based on the no of archived messages.

ARV_BC_XMB_DEL20070917023226.

Deletion of messages and message table:

-

SAP_BC_XMB_DELETE_<client>

Please let me know what messages this job deletes.

In Simple , I want to understand the difference between these two jobs.

RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES

RSXMB_DELETE_ARCHIVED_MESSAGES

Thanks,

Tanuj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

from wot i understand fromn the job names itsel, is that the prior one deletes all the jobs whereas the later one is specific for archived jobs.

y dont u get into tcode "SWWL" for deleting jobs.

PS: deleting jobs in not advisable if it has dependencies..( even otherwise)

Former Member
0 Kudos

RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES: moves messages to the archive after their retention time if due.

RSXMB_DELETE_ARCHIVED_MESSAGES: deletes messages from the archive after their retention time if due.

Also take a look at TS SXMB_ADM for configuration of delete jobs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

I executed this progarm manually RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES .. ...The no of entries it says deleted those no of entries got reduced in SXMSPMAST Tabel entries.

And the Program description says -- deletes messages from the persistence layer. What does this mean......

Thanks,

Tanuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SXMSPMAST is the master table that holds the key information about each of the messages going through the Integration engine. The data is persisted in this table based on the retention period defined for synchronous and asynchronous messages.

The program RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES deletes the data from this table and also some other tables where the message payload is persisted.

Persistence layer is nothing but the database.

Regards,

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thnaks for the information. It not only deletes from the SXMSPMAST , it also deletes from SXMSCLUR table. I can observe the there is a exaxt decrease in number of these records which tallys with the output of the report "xxx no of messages deleted".

But when i see in SXMB_MONI i can see all the messages. So what is it deleting exactly ....

The messages disappear in SXMB_MONI only when the archive/delete job runs in server.

Thanks,

Tanuj