cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager Change Management: Transport Request Administration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

We want to use the CHARM functionality of Solution Manager to improve our transport operations. We have several customers and expend´s a lot of time making tranports to different systems.

I don want to activate CHARM completely. Which activities do i must perform, and which activities do i must leave ?

Regards

Alvaro

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash

This is the Business Scenario: Our company is using SAP Solution Manager to perform monitoring and administration activities for over than 30 customers.

Dayly we espend over 85% of the basis team time making transport for all of the customers. We decide to set some internal politics to bundle transports, stablishing several releases of them, at specific hours of the day. So we want to use SOLMAN`S change logistics instead of CHARM Scenario to control and improve this activitiy, releasing time to perform other activities.

Regards

Alvaro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alvaro,

When you enable charm,you have the option to block all the other transport import which is happening through STMS.So based on your requirements you can enable or disable the project status switches which is found in the maintenance cycle under system landscape tab->change management.

If you can explain for what purpose you what to use Charm,we can identify what needs to be done.

Please Revert for clarifications,

Thanks and Regards,

Avinash.

Former Member
0 Kudos