cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIDIRUSER & PIRWBUSER Keep Getting Locked

Former Member
0 Kudos

After a recent XI system copy my PIDIRUSER and PIRWBUSER keep getting locked by the kernel. I did not change the passwords from the system I copied yet this problem only occurs in the new copy. In SM21 it shows that SAPJSF locks it with repeated invalid login/passwords. It seems to occur every 20 minutes on the nose but I can't find any jobs that correspond to this timeframe.

I have been through the enchange profile a number of times and validated everywhere I can think of but I can't find anywhere in ABAP or JAVA where these users are embeded with the wrong password. I have also restarted multiple times during the system copy process and once just to try to stop this occuring. I've refreshed the caches, I've sync'ed with the SLD, I'm at a loss.

Anyone have any ideas where to procede?

Thanks

Phil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try out changing the passwords once as per the SAP Note : 721548 and then check out. Also check do you use anywhere these users like any communication channels like Adapter-XI, or in SM59 entries. If so check all these once and then change the password and test it

Hope this helps,

Rgds,

Moorthy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem was due to having the same user in another XI sandbox and both were pointing at the same SLD, once we pointed one at another SLD instance the problem went away.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Moorthy,

I have gone through and changed my passwords for these two users per note 721548. Still the same issue is happening. I am somewhat puzzled since I have no jobs running under either user (at least none that should cause 3 failed logins in 20 minutes). Also, this is a relatively unused system with no developers logging on to use either the directory or the runtime workbench. So I really have no clue what is causing these failures. It is pretty clearly failing from Java trying to connect to ABAP but why?

Thanks for your help, I'll keep this open in case anyone wants a good mystery.

Phil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Phillip,

may be password length restriction ,I hardly remember about that.

I dont remember exactly ,I think its like 8 char I guess.

it mentioned,may be in the installation or config guide of XI .

BTW ,what SP are you on?is this fresh installation?

Babu Sri

former_member214364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phillip,

i guess you have to set some Profile Parameters for Logon and Password, just go through this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/22/41c43ac23cef2fe10000000a114084/content.htm