cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Become A SAP Admin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to you all SAP Admin experts!

I have a few questions that I’m hoping you guys can help me with.

At our company we have just implemented SAP and I have been given the opportunity to work with SAP.

Now my questions are as follows:

1. If I want to become SAP Admin but only to specialize in for example Roles And Authorizations what do I need to start looking at and what would all the best courses I should take aswell as what exams would I have to take? I have done some research and see I can be taught ADM940, 950,960. As much info on this would be greatly appreciated

2. What are all the jobs out there in SAP that have to do with Admin of system? I see there is Roles and Authentication and SAP Basis?

3. What would you guys suggest is the best book to learn for Authorizations as there a so many on the market and I really don’t know which one is the best for me to learn from

4. Anything that I have missed out could you please let me know

I really want to get into SAP but I just don’t really know where to start 

Thank you guys for your help!

John Soe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To be a 'good' Basis guy personally I think the knowledge of OS and DB are very important.

I was a Unix admin and Oracle DBA before, and have been easily turned to be a Basis admin.

Another key thing is: passion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't quite understand why are you limiting yourself to Roles and Authorization only? If I were you I'd start with ADM100 and then focus on ADM9XX. It will give you an overview of all possibilities of SAP BASIS and maybe you'll find some other interesting areas

For all BASIS stuff ADM100 is best point to start.

Regs,

=FS=