cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSPM dbinfo Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have just built an SCM 5.0 SR1 system on Windows 2003 64 Bit/MS SQL 2000.

I am applying SCM SP stacks 7, 8 and 9 to bring it uptodate. I have patched the kernel to SAPEXE_95.SAR and SAPEXEDB_95.SAR, so DISP+WORK are at patch level 95, I have applied the ABAP SP's successfully.

When i run JSPM for the first time to apply the Java patches, I get the error :

<b>Cannot initialize application data.Could not detect database. Check if it is running.

Could not execute DMT command dbinfo with arguments C:\usr\sap\QSC\DVEBMGS00\j2ee\JSPM\config\DBINFO.XML.

Return code condition success evaluated to false for process java.exe for action dbinfo.</b>

When i look in the log directory at the trouble ticket, this is the file contents :

<b>Trouble Ticket Report

Java Support Package Manager for SAP NetWeaver'04s

SID................: FSC

Hostname...........: SAL020

Install directory..: C:/usr/sap/FSC

Database...........: $(/J2EE/DBSystem/DBInfoName)

Operating System...: NT

JDK version........: 1.4.2_13 Sun Microsystems Inc.

JSPM version.......: 7.00.9.2.1.4.35

System release.....: 700

ABAP stack present.: false

The execution ended in error.

Cannot initialize application data.

Could not detect database. Check if it is running.

Could not execute DMT command dbinfo with arguments C:\usr\sap\FSC\DVEBMGS00\j2ee\JSPM\config\DBINFO.XML.

Return code condition success evaluated to false for process java.exe for action dbinfo.

More information can be found in the log file C:\usr\sap\FSC\DVEBMGS00\j2ee\JSPM\log\log_2007_09_17_16_51_05\JSPM_MAIN_1_01.LOG.

Use the information provided to trouble-shoot the problem. There might be an OSS note providing a solution to this problem. Search for OSS notes with the following search terms:

com.sap.sdt.jspm.phases.PhaseTypeJSPM

com.sap.sdt.jspm.gui.JspmUiException

Cannot initialize application data.

JSPM_MAIN

JSPMPhases

NetWeaver Upgrade

SAPJup

Java Upgrade</b>

So it looks like the dbinfo value is not being found.

The MS SQL DB and Agent are both running, I have put the .SCA patch files in /usr/sap/trans/eps/in

This is the first time I have used JSPM as its the first NW04S install I have done, any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even it worked for me, restart the JSPM set the java environment variable and start the JSPM again and click on resume the deployment will continue.

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've fixed it now, the JAVA_HOME variable was not set in the system environment variables.

All works now, thanks for the advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this SAP Note :914818

Thanks

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

The note refers more to MS SQL 2005, I am on MS SQL 2000.

the DBINFO.XML does not exist in the JSPM\config directory, so it does not look like the DMT process is creating it.

Here is the contents of the file DMT_01_01.ERR

<b>PerfTimes : loadNativeLayer: loading jperflib failed. C:\usr\sap\QSC\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\jperflib.dll: %1 is not a valid Win32 application

Execution failed: Program has finished with error. 1

Execution has been terminated. More information can be found in the log file C:\usr\sap\QSC\DVEBMGS00\j2ee\JSPM\log\C:\usr\sap\QSC\DVEBMGS00\j2ee\JSPM\log\log_2007_09_17_16_51_05\DMT_01.LOG.

Could not set up a database connection. See previous messages.

Could not establish open SQL connection. Exception java.sql.SQLException: [NWMss][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Unsupported VM encoding Cp850..

com.sap.sdt.tools.main.MainException: Program has finished with error. 1

Execution has been terminated. More information can be found in the log file C:\usr\sap\FSC\DVEBMGS00\j2ee\JSPM\log\C:\usr\sap\FSC\DVEBMGS00\j2ee\JSPM\log\log_2007_09_17_16_51_05\DMT_01.LOG.

Could not set up a database connection. See previous messages.

Could not establish open SQL connection. Exception java.sql.SQLException: [NWMss][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Unsupported VM encoding Cp850..

at com.sap.sdt.tools.main.MainProgram.execute(MainProgram.java:482)

at com.sap.sdt.dmt.main.DMT.main(DMT.java:209)

Return code: 1</b>

jperflib.dll file is version that came with with the SP stack SAPEXE_95-20001354.SAR :

700, patch 95, changelist 886265

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ecnirp,

If u are starting the JSPM for the first time, you have to do the following:

Check whether entry <StringVariable name="OS/CODE"> in file /usr/sap/<SID>/<instance>/j2ee/JSPM/config/BOOTSTRAP.XML is like OS4 or UNX or WIN.

Since JSPM is not smart enough to repair this by itself ,you have to make manually entry .

Also for help look onto help.sap.com

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/e7/ca302225ba4673a0ad804703b01737/frameset.htm

Hope it helps...........

Regards,

Jafer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

File /usr/sap/<SID>/<instance>/j2ee/JSPM/config/BOOTSTRAP.XML contains value WIN for OS/CODE, which should be ok :

<StringVariable name="OS/CODE">WIN</StringVariable>

Thanks.