cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner Many not Be Changed Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently we are using SRM 4.0 Server 500 Support SAPKIBKS05.

We implemented a new business process where we are changing the business partner for cetain criteria on the location (plant). This is done in the Change Badi-

BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI.

We are also using the CHECK Badi to audit information and send error messages back to the user inputting the cart data.

<b>We have implemented note 962474</b> and it did not work to solve the issue we are having.

Here is the issue: The user comes in and creates a shopping cart with a source f supply. Based on certain criteria we change the business partner and do some audits in check badi. If this case the criteria was not there so we did not change the business partner. We have an audit that did not pass and we show the user this audit. Based on the information back to the user they then change the location (plant) to one which will cause a partner change. We update the partner in the CHANGE badi and move to the check BADI. Everything looks good and then we get the FATAL error <b>PARTNER MAY NOT BE CHANGED</b>, and an info message saying source of supply was reset. However, due to the fatal error we lost the cart.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening?? Any help or insights would be appreciated. This is happening in our production system just for this case described above.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

thanks for helping me. I did see that post. I will try to insert a new location record into the partner table. However, I need to delete the old location record FCT '0000075' from the table. I tried using the DEL_IND on the partner record and could not get it to work. Do you know how to DELETE from the PARTNER table. Some of the BAPI function modules for partner deletes are not in our version of SRM. Any ideas on how to do this? I need to get rid of that record because I still get the error PARTNER CAN NOT BE CHANGED.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply back so quickly. I did notice that the ET_PARTNER table contains an entry Partner FCT '00000075' with the first location (plant) it used from the settings initally set up for the user inputting the cart. Now after adding an item to the cart they changed the location (plant). However, the ET_PARTNER table contains the record with the old plant the partner FCT '0000075' record.

THEREFORE once plant is changed I need to do the following to ET_PARTNER.

Any insights on how this is done would help.

1). How do I delete this record out of ET_PARTNER in the SC_CHANGE BADI?

Function modules to use or can I just modify ET_PARTNER here with some type of delete indicator? Or do I set the DEL_INd and run some function module?

2). I need to add the new ET_PARTNER record for the new plant? Can I insert a record into ET_PARTNER here also in the Change BADI? Do I have to somehow create a new GUID/PARTNER_ID? If so any clue on how this is done.

Thanks so much!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See the foll thread:

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you change the partner in the "Change_BADI", make sure you are completing the partners structure with tcomplete data, this may be the reason for your issue.

Thank you