cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identification of identical master data records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have one question regarding the functionality of MDM. Imagine I have several legacy systems and in each one I have vendors defined with name and vendor number. In each system same vendor has different name and number.

Example:

Legacy System 1: Vendor name: ABC Vendor number: 1234

Legacy System 2: Vendor name: A.B.C. Vendor number: 4321

Legacy System 3: Vendor name: ABC Ltd. Vendor number: 5678

As I understood, first the user defines the required transformations of vendor names with set of substitutions, and then new, transformed vendor names are compared using defining matching rules. Vendor masters are merged, new record is created and the source records are deleted.

Did I understood correctly the way identical master data is identified and handled

by MDM Matching Solution?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivana ,

Your understanding abt MDM is perfect . I just added the brackets

first the user defines the required transformations of vendor names with set of substitutions (removing . and ltd ) , and then new, transformed vendor names are compared using defining matching rules. Vendor masters are merged (based on scoring of matching rules), new record is created (after merging) and the source records are deleted (you can see the original records numbers in edit key mapping option, so the info is not lost).

Hope this helps ,

- An

Answers (0)