cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD configuration.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am working on xi. i start to work the first scenario which is posted by <b>Venkat Donela</b>. the weblog name is <b>Introduction to simple(File-XI-File)scenario and complete walk through for starters(Part1)</b>.

in this weblog he has mention <b>HERE SPECIFICS OF SLD ARE NOT COVERED.</b> i want to know how to use SLD Part. kindly help me out to work on SLD part.

Regards,

Saravanan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

<b>Welcome to XI.</b>

By SLD specifics, venkat means the creation of Business Systems and technical Systems.

That is, if you are directly doing a live scenario you need to take data from say any legacy system and put data to some other legacy system.

These are the steps to be followed:

<b>Steps to be followed in Creation of Technical and Business System</b>

Technical System

In SLD, click on technical landscape->New Technical System-><choose WebAS depending on your preference>.

Business System.

1.Goto Business Landscape->New Business System->Name the business system.

2. Choose the technical system that needs to be attached-<WebAS <i>name</i>>->Technical System Name.

<b>But</b> if you are doing a practice scenario, you can directly create a communication channel in a business service (In Configuration) or directly include business systems which have been created at the time of installation as Michal has said.

I hope if it helps, you'll give points

<b>Happy Learning !!</b>

Thanks & Regards,

Varun Joshi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

Welcome to XI.There is an PDF "<b></b>SAP NetWeaver In The Real World Part111.SAp Exchange Infrastructure".

Hope this may help you.

Regards,

Prashanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi saravanan,

The SLD part is taken care of during installaton.. And in the starting simple scenarios, you wouldn't need to configure SLD. So best wishes with ur file to file scenario.. n welcome to XI

Regards,

Divya

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saravana,

u can define products and softwarecomponents and import swc versions into repository. Furter more define technical and business systems, which u import to IB directory. U can add products 2 that systems to have better choose in IB Directory.

As michal said, u don't need for 3rd party business systems.

Regards,

Udo

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

if you want to develop file to file scenario

you can use communication between 2 business services in Directory

(so no SLD configuration required)

Regards,

michal