Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tcode assignment of templates

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

is there a possibility to check which tcode is executable by a template? I mean, when i want to create a role, i have the possibility to take a template, but how can i check in advance what authorization the template gives (on tcode basis)??

Via SUIM i did not found a solution....

THX for help in advance

Markus

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look at table AGR_TCODES; this table stores the information from the role menu. As long as there are transactions assigned to the SAP template/delivered role, it should show up in this table. You can cross reference this with table TSTCT to get the transaction code descriptions.

If no results are shown via SUIM, double check that there are actual transactions assigned to the delivered role; some SAP delivered roles only contain authorization objects.

Message was edited by: J. Nguyen - corrected S_Tcode comment

Julie Nguyen

0 Kudos

Julie,

AGR_TCODES takes the menu entries for a role, not the values in S_TCODE

To get the values from S_TCODE you need to use AGR_1251 and filter on S_TCODE

0 Kudos

Yes, AGR_1251 can show any value in the objects (obviously including S_TCODE) ; so you can use that; if nothing shows up in SUIM AND in AGR_TCODES, then I don't think there are any transactions assigned to the menu/role

0 Kudos

but for checking with table AGR_Tcode or SUIM i have to build at first a role with the template, and that i do not want.. because for example in the BI, there are 53 tempalte, and i do not want to create 53 roles and after checking i have to delete 45 one per one...

so, is there a possibillity to check the template?

0 Kudos

then check table agr_1251 instead; most of the BI templates only contain authorization objects.

0 Kudos

that all does not help, because the template does not get checked via the table agr_1251, only roles are checked, but not templates..

i think i wil have to create with each template a role and after that I will be able to check it..

thx

0 Kudos

Markus,

The templates are pulled from table: TPRVOR [SE16] but does not have the information you needed.

You can do what you indicated below by creating a role for each template or...

When you create a role and choose a template, click/highlight the desired template and click on DISPLAY. In the "Cross-application Authorization Objects" under S_TCODE you will find the transactions associated with that template.

Not the best solution but I hope it helps.