cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MDM Experts,

I would like to import pictures automatically. For example if the pictures of some items are changed, what would I do to use the newest pictures. would it be enough, if I overwrite the old picture-file with the new picture (the same file name)?

thanks

adam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adam,

Two options. If you do a Replace on an image it will replace the original with the new one you select to import while still maintaining all the links. The other option is to do the Reimport command. This will search to the same file location the original was loaded from and replace the image, given it has the same name. This will also maintain all the links.

They are both pretty similar with the exception that Replace makes/allows you to choose a different file name and/or location, but takes that extra step. The Reimport is easier in that you just have to select that single option as long as the path and name are the same.

I don't know of an automatic way to accomplish this other then to try and do a Reimport on an entire data group. Not sure if it is possible or not.

Hope this helps,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tim, I searched for it exactly.

Answers (0)