cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro Explorer - Layout View not shown

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a problem displaying the layout view in Web Dynpro Explorer. It tries to load, and I get an IE failure notice: server or DNS not found. When I switch off and on again the layout view I get an IE script error.

I think this is a problem on my client´s side because other machines can connect and display the layout view without problems.

My system: PC with XPpro SP2 german, IE 6, SAPGUI 710 Patch-Level3.

I connect to an ERP2005 system via the internet using OpenVPN.

Can someone please help me with this?

Regards,

Wilfried

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andre,

thank you for your answer. I added the server name and the IP to my hosts file, but unfortunately I am still unable to display the layout view

I added the IP and the server name, but I am not sure if this is the FQDN.

Where can I find this fully qualified domain name in SAP?

Regards!

Wilfried

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SE80, open your WDA application. It'll display the complete url of the application. The server name displayed there is the same you have to put in your hosts file. Usually, when I have this kind of problem, I put both entries: the FQDN (full, with hostname and domain) and only the hostname, with the same IP.

Also, you wrote that you are using a VPN. Are you able to ping the server, either via hostname, fqdn or by IP?

Regards

Andre

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi i am having the problem in layout view i am not bale to see the pattern window from where i have to drag and drop the elements in layout...can any body help me...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

did you try the steps mentioned above?

Kind Regards,

Wilfied

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andre,

thank you so much for helping me! I will reward you the points for this

The problem is solved now, it was just adding the server name into my hosts file.

Just the server name, without http:// and so on.

Pinging the server was possible before.

Thank you, and have a nice weekend,

Wilfried

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wilfried,

I had this same kind of problem. The solution was to insert a line at the hosts file (C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\drivers\etc\hosts) with the IP of the WAS (web application server). This error occurs when your machine cannot determine the IP of the server via its name (or FQDN).

Regards!

Andre