cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing a second netweaver developer studio?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

I have a netweaver developer studio (NDS) 2.0.16 installed on a pc (web as 6.40) and I want to install the newer NDS additionally. is this possible and can I do it?

because I got order not to delete the old NDS...

thanks for your answer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you all very much for your replies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thorsten. I see that someone already replied that you can do this and that he is running two different versions.

I'm not an expert but from my experience I'd be leery of trying it. I suppose if you're talking about just the Studio piece then it wouldn't be a big deal. Studio is after all just based on Eclipse and it is no big deal to run more than version of Eclipse on same machine.

However, if you're also installing the local J2EE engine and database then I suspect it would NOT be an easy thing to do. Again, I'm no expert, but so many of the things that get installed go to a specific folder and you don't really have a choice. I suppose you could go back afterwards and change names, configuration settings, etc. but man! I would think that could lead to all kinds of problems.

Good luck. If you can, post your results here. I'd love to hear how it goes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

sridhar_k2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thorsten,

You can install two different versions in one System. I have NWDS 2.016 and 7.0.12. Make sure that, two Studio's are pointing to different workspace.

Hope it is working for you.

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sridhar. From your description, it sounds like you're talking about Studio only.

Do you have a local J2EE engine installed? If so, are both Studios pointing to it?

ankur_garg5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

See as far as the Netweaver Developer Studio is concerned, you can definitely have more than one of those installed on a single machine. What you are confused about is the J2EE engine. That is a completely different thing altogether. Its a server. NWDS is a type of client which connects to the server.

And if you are thinking about the possibility of installing more than one J2EE engine on a single machine, I can tell you one thing for surety, that you can have more than 1 instance on a single machine. That is equivalent of installing two servers. So I think you would be clear to some extent.

Bye

Ankur

ankur_garg5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

You can very well have more than one NWDS installed on your system. I am myself using 2 different versions of NWDS on my system.

Bye

Ankur

Message was edited by:

Armin Reichert