cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Behaviour of InputField in Table when readOnly=true

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a Table with 5 columns and dropdown list above it which changes the table readOnly parameter from false to true and vice versa.

The cell editor of each table column is inputField.

The width property of each column is 20%.

I have a requirement from our UX department that there should not be horizontal scroll on the clients screen.

When client inputs short text to each of the columns everything is ok when i change readOnly property from false to true. But when input is very long and i change readOnly property to true each inputfield expands to the client input size and i start see horizontal scroll. In both GridLayout and MatrixLayout i get the same behavior.

Do you have any ideas how can i solve this problem?

Slavik.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stanislav,

You cannot wrap the contents of input field. Also using Text view you will not be

able to take the input from user.

So in this case, to avoid the scroll on the screen you can put the Table in a

Scrollable Container, which will allow only the Table Contents to be scrolled, while

the screen reamins static.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/07/518841a79f1609e10000000a155106/frameset.htm">Scroll Container</a>

If you are using NWDS2004s, you can use Table API's property:

<b>firstVisibleScrollableCol</b>

Specifies the ID of the first horizontally scrollable column after all fixed columns.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/0e/23b3c8b0a238439f664f73a04e6332/frameset.htm">Reference for Table API</a>

Regards,

Alka.

Message was edited by: Alka Panday

Alka Panday

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The thing is you can set the size so that a certain no of characters can only can be written.

Or else use a textview so that it can wrap the data.

Otherwise wrapping the data in an Input field is quite tough..might not even be possible.

Thanks

Avinash