cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Graphics Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working with business graphics in WebDynpro. I have created an application step by step with a tutorial I found in NWDS. When I run it, it gives a page with a colorful image saying "Graphics Rendering Problem". I also ran a sample WebDynpro application which has been loaded to our engine called "SimpleGraphics" which does the same thing. Do I have to set something up in order to use Business graphics. I have looked over the IGS, and it looks to be running. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rich

You need to install the igs server for the business graphics to work.

After installing mention the url of the igs to the

igsURL property of business graphics UI element?

By default if you want all the business graphics UI elements to use the same URL then you can configure the same in visual administrator

Regards

Naga Kishore V

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If I go to the url http://<localhost>:40080/ and I get SAP Internet Graphics Server, should I assume that the IGS is installed and running?

<i>You said.......By default if you want all the business graphics UI elements to use the same URL then you can configure the same in visual administrator</i>

Where in the Visual Administrator can I set this?

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rich

If that is your igs server URL then you need to use the same.

In the tree on the left select Server -> Services -> Configuration Adapter

On the right, expand Configurations -> webdynpro -> sap.com -> tcwddispwda

Click the view/edit button

In the tree double-click Propertysheet default

Click IGSUrl in the popup window

In the field Custom: enter <your IGSUrl>

Restart the J2EE engine

Regards

NagaKishore V

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Its working about half now. The tutorial one "SimpleGraphic" still will not fire. But the one that I developed shows without data. So I'm getting closer.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

Check this Weblog

/people/perumal.kanthan/blog/2005/04/07/business-graphics-real-time-scenariospart-i

Business Graphics: Real-Time scenarios(Part-I & II)

gives step by step procedure.

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

please use the igsUrl http://<localhost>:40080 i.e. your own IGS url in the property igsUrl of your BusinessGraphics object. Sometimes even after setting the same in Visual Admin doesnot work properly. So you need to set the same info in the BG property.

Hope it helps!!!

Shubhadip

Answers (0)