cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display of many PDF documents in webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dear SAP experts,

I want to display a huge number of one-sided existing pdf documents (100) in a browser using webdynpro for ABAP. The pdf documents exist either in MIME repository or fixed destination on a server. The documents are all delivered successfully inside the program logic as a table of pdfdate (xstring). Then each of them is displayed in a webdynpro view in Webdynpro Interactive Form. The display in Internet Explorer 6 workes fine for the first 30 documents, but then I get an error message from the browser "The maximum number of PDF-Documents to be opened simultaniously in the browser is exceeded!".

Is it possible to set the maximum number of pdf documents to a higher number? Is this a SAP / webdynpro issue or can this be configured in the adobe reader (8.0) configuration?

Is there any way to combine all the pdf documents into one single pdf document? I get all pdfs in xstring format! This is also desired by our customer.

Can you give me some hints?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Best regards

Kjell

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Do you really want to display all these pdf's simultaneously within the browser????

What about an application design showing a table with all available pdf documents (already contained in your table) and only if the user clicks on one of them that particular document opens ...

regards,

volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

our customer needs to print the 100 displayed documents in a specified order and most of these files are pdf files. Others include smartforms and sapscripf from SAP that can be send directly to the printer. I don't want the user to click on each of the documents to view and print it! Isn't it possible to print those pdf files (xstring format) directly to the printer?

thanks and best regards

Kjell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kjell!

Do you want top print or display the files? If you wanna print them try to send them directly to a printer defined in SAP.

The display problem seems to be a Adobe Plug-On problem rather than a browser problem. Did you already visit Adobe's site http://www.adobe.com/support/products/acrreader.html?

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

thanks for your reply.

My customer needs both printing and displaying the files, but printing is definitly the more important part. Is it possible to push a PDF file (that has been read from a server destination into SAP as Xstring (binary)) to a printer defined in SAP? Can you tell me how a open a spool request and insert the data (XSTRING) of the PDF file?

I'll try out the link you send me for displaying many PDF files on one webpage.

best regards,

Kjell