cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safety Stock in SNP Heuristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using a copy of Std SNP planning book for SNP since I need to add various Z key figures. Safety stock is also manually maintained added in the planning book(in Z key figures). These key figures are time series key figures and hence do not have a order category. How do i ensure that during the Heuristics run, the safety stock added by the planner/caclulted by a macro in a Z key figure is taken into consideration? (in the std SNP planning book, heuristics takes into consideration, stock maintained in the std key figure)

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandeep

To achieve this you may have to do changes in couple of places

- Planning Area definition --> Ensure under Key Figures tab that you assign the Z key figure the Safety stock key figure function, removing the duplicate entry.

- Changes in Macro --> Do a where used on the std Safety Stock key figure, and exchange it with the Z Keyfigure.

by the way even the standard Safety stock KF is time series and not order objects. Heuristics takes the Total Demand Keyfigure and the keyfigure function definition in planning area for doing the calculation.

Hope this helps

Srinivas

Answers (0)