cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in creating 800 client to see table content .

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am new to sap . I have ideas 4.7 in windows 2003. i can see table content under user sap* and password 060719* . I have created a user sapuser . through client 000 , i can create create abap program , but could not find ant table content like mara . at first time after creating sapuser , it asked me the access key. i gave 36687663221261278694 and it has taken . but to see table content , i created a new user as partha in client 800. but at first time at the time of logging it is asking the access key. though i am giving same key it is not taking .

1) is there any other key for that educational version ?

2) how to crreate a user in client 800 . pls give step by step procedure .

3) for creating a user under client 800 . should i delete my sapuser created under 000 client.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks jessica for your brief answer. what i understand is

1) create a client 400 or 800 using sap* user with client 000.(what are the steps ?)

2) login as sap* user with client 000 and delete the user created earlier under 000 client .

3) Then in that sap* login , go to transaction SU01.make a copy of SAP* user to create a new user.

but how and when the new user will be assigned to 800 client ?

So could you give some step by step procedure for the above steps.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you mill need to login to target client and run tcode SCCL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

1) If you are using IDES you could work with the client 800 (is already created, comes with IDES by default, and contain all the IDES data and customization). If you dont want to work over this client 800, you could create another client to work.

If you choose to create a new client, you have 2 alternatives: 1. create a new empty client (copy of client 000). or create a new client with IDES data (same of 800, copy of client 800). I suggest you work in the client 800 since it already exists and contains data and you can see table content (subject of your post).

2) Correct. Login in 000 with sap*, go to trx SU01 and enter the name of the user you created before. Then press the 'Trash' button to delete it from 000.

3) To create a new user (if you decide to work in client 800 with IDES information), login in client 800 with sap. Go to trx. SU01 and you can create here a copy of user SAP. Press the 'Copy' button and enter the source and target user name (source sap*, target jack for example). Press enter and I guess you have to enter your initial password. Then save the user and login again to the client 800. The system will ask you for a new password, and then you can start working.

The new user is assigned to the client where you are working in. If you login to client 000 and go to SU01 and create a user there then you are creating a user in 000 client. If you login into client 800 and go to SU01 and create a user there, then you are creating a user in client 800. It depends on which client you are working in. The users are client-dependant. That means if you create a user in one client then you will be able to see it just in that client. Got it?

Let me know if you have more questions.

good luck,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks jessica for your step by step instruction. Now I am able to use 800 client for my study and development purpose.

With Regards,

Jack (Partha)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

First of all, the client 000 is one of the standard clients that comes with any SAP R/3 installation (with client 001 and 066 (for EarlyWatch for SAP auditory purposes)). To work with the system you should always make a copy of the client 000 or 001 to a new client i.e. client 200, 400, or whatever name.

In the case of IDES, the system always comes with the client 800, where you can find all the IDES configuration and data (for test, training, sandbox). If you want to work in the system you should work on this client (800). To check the tables you can always use transaction se12 (table structure: fields, keys) and se16 to see the table content. If you want to create users you should always do it in the client 800 or any other client you've created (not in the standard ones 000, 001, 066, try to maintain these clients clean of any custom data).

To view the tables data you dont need any key. The keys are requested when you want to register a developer user (to create a new abap program (all the new programs must start with Z (or X,Y) to differentiate from the standard SAP programs. The keys are also requested when you want to edit a standard program or table or any other standard SAP object.

1) To get the keys for any SAP system (there are 2 types of keys: developer user and for editing any standard object) you must log on the OSS service (with the user and password provided by SAP when you got your SAP software) : service.sap.com/sscr. Here you use the installation number of your IDES system (the system must be registered in OSS) and then you can create your developer users or standard object keys.

2)To create a user in any system you need to go to transaction SU01. Here you can make a copy of SAP* user for example (choosing in the trx the button copy) to create your new user. you assign a password to the user and save it. You need to login again on the system and put your new password. This is the easiest way, otherwise you can create a user from zero but you will need to add more information to the user. To start you can create a copy of SAP* or DDIC users.

3) Yes, I suggest you delete the user you've created in client 000, try to keep it clean of any customer modifications (you could leave it there but is not a good practice).If you want to work with your IDES system and the IDES data, use the client 800.

Good luck,