cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement for checkboxes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a view in which i have 8-10 checkboxes apart from some other nput fields.My requirement is to replace these checkboxes with some other UI element which allows multiple selection.the no. of checkboxes is not fixed so i want such a UI element which can allow me to accomodate new values in future if there is any change.. I have thought of using combo boxes...

Please reply ASAP...I have to propose the changes by the end of day...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

CheckBoxGroup?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

You can do one thing . as you know the priority of the check boxes (i mean important or most selected )

1) Create a LinktoAction / Button ,by clicking on that make some action ie

for example consider calender. SELECT ODD MONTHS,EVEN MONHTS,MONTHS WITH 31 DAYS,MONTHS WITH 30 DAYS like that you can create some predefined actions(here ui elements) so that it will be easy for the user to select them.

you can do one more thing. SELECT ALL,INVERT SELECTION,SELECT NONE.

hope you got the point which i am trying to expalin

Regards

Chaitanya.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

One possibility is ..u can use a table with multiselect ON...that will allow you to increase your no of rows dynamically and also..u will b able to select one or more orws of your choice

Message was edited by:

Armin Reichert

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have got your idea but can u please explain me in detail how to do that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

You can create check boxes dynamically at runtime as per your requirement.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza,

Thanxs for reply.actually right now if i show 8-10 checkboxes on my view page,its taking more space and does not look good.Instead i want to use some other UI element to replace these 8-10 checkboxes with multiple value selection.Can u suggest me something for that.Please give your reply in detail.I am new to webdynpro.So does not have much knowledge about UI elements

Former Member
0 Kudos

i dont think that there z any UI element for multiple value selection

chk it

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/5c/1b76bc3da0504e8b535cf3e154eaa7/frameset.htm

may b u cud use a chk box group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

You can opt for dropdown in your case.

Regards,

Murtuza