cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concatenated values of all TLINES.TDLINE values(maping)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have the mapping rule ie "Concatenated values of all TLINES.TDLINE values"

please let me know how i can do mapping for this.

here TDLINE is Source field. ValueString is target field.

regards

sai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

TDLINE occurs 0..1 time under segement E1EDKT2..which has an occurence of 0..9999999999.....

So what you need to do is .....count the number of E1EDKT2 segments occuring (Say A)at source side and pass it to an UDF....also pass the TDLINE to UDF...

now in UDF put a for loop....(looping A times).....and in this loop ....concatenete the both the TDLINE occurences and ...get tht result in the string variable...

keep concatenating the string variable ,,, in the for loop...and then in the ned pass tht variable to the destination or target field

<b>*Reward points if helpful*</b>

Regards,

Sushil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hedge,

thanks for ur reply

good what u say is using udf.

but i want without udf how to do this using standard functions.

please let me know if u know.

regards

sai

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kulakarni,

I want to do this mapping using only Standard functions. Please let me know how i can do this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>I want to do this mapping using only Standard functions</i>

-

>

I think you will have to go for writing UDF only

your requirement is like no of times particular source element occurs.. you want to concatenate the corresponding source values and send it to target as a single value.. right?

I guess writing UDF is the solution !!

Standard function <i>'concat'</i> will not suit your requirement...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>I want to do this mapping using only Standard functions

I dn't think there will not be any condition like you should use only Standard Functions. Ofcourse, if you can achieve you can, however I am pretty sure that you can't achieve this using standard function. Bcoz, TDLine filed is max 72 char and if I am not wrong your target field must be expecting more than this. If you can expect tht ur source wl be upto some chars thn u can go for concat function, however usually we can't expect the runtime value.

If you want to go for UDF, do lemme know, i hv achieved this using UDF.

regards