cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about communication method with integration server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

can anybody explain clearly what difference between using proxy and adapters at runtime?

especially for adatpers,i am confused.

there is a the following explanation in online help.

Communication using adapters. In this case, you create interfaces for message exchange in the application system, or use existing interfaces.

does not adapter have proxy programe? if so,where is its implementation?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

well then,

concretely speaking,

which scenario does xi use proxy communicatin method?such as?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Like when we create proxy(Inbound or Outbound) in R/3.

if you still have doubts feel free to post the same.

Regards,

Sumit

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See this

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/08/14/choose-the-right-adapter-to-integrate-with-sap-systems

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adapter and proxies both are used by the appication to communicate with the XI/PI.

Adapters: "To adapts the things", any appication(SAP, non-SAP) can communicate with XI using Adapters. what adpaters do? It will convert the source

message format to target message format. Example SAP send the Idoc but XI only understand XML message so no communication is possible till some one come in bewteen and traslate that Idoc to XML format..this is the task of adatpers.

Except Idoc and HTTP all adapters reside in the Java stack.

Proxies are also used for the same purpose but they directly communicate with the IS so they are always fasters.

There can be ABAP proxy or Java proxy(Client or Server Proxy). Example: if you have J2EE appication and that need to communicate with XI, for that no adapter is available...then you can write Client Java Proxy which can communicate with XI directly(same for Server proxy....where XI will call the J2EE application)

Proxies need to use if you are communicating with SAP systems.even Idoc and RFC adapters are available? Then it depends if Web Appication Server >= 6.20 then its always to good to use proxies(even you have an option for RFC or Idoc adapters).

Thanks & Regards,

Farooq Farooqui.

**Rewards Points if you find it useful**

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

main difference between proxies and adapters is that the proxies are developed in the application system,which means in the system which is sending or receiving data via proxy.but in case of adapter we don't need to do any customised development(until and unless you are creating your own adapter ,which we hardly do)

proxy is just another way of integrating systems,they are better in performance coz they run directly on the integration engine thus saving the overhead of the adapter engine

thanx

Aamir

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>does not adapter have proxy programe? </i>

No

Adapters resides on Java stack. Proxy communication could be ABAP or Java based.

Proxy communication is made when the sender can send the data is XI compatible formats directly. Otherwise, adapters have to be used for this conversion

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

> <i>does not adapter have proxy programe? </i>

> No

>

> Adapters resides on Java stack. Proxy communication

> could be ABAP or Java based.

> Proxy communication is made when the sender can send

> the data is XI compatible formats directly.

> Otherwise, adapters have to be used for this

> conversion

>

> Regards,

> Prateek

which is xi compatible formats?is idoc,rfc?

if so,

can i understand like this:

if i used idoc adapter and rfc adapter, and then xi is actually using proxy communication method instead of adatpers communication method!

really?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

>>which is xi compatible formats?is idoc,rfc?

Both are XI compatiable...

>>>if i used idoc adapter and rfc adapter, and then xi is actually using proxy communication method instead of adapters communication method!

No.

Proxy communication happens when you send message directly to integration engine of the application system.

Regards,

Sumit

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>which is xi compatible formats?is idoc,rfc?</i>.

None of the two. XI compatible format is SOAP based xml.

<i>

if i used idoc adapter and rfc adapter, and then xi is actually using proxy communication method instead of adatpers communication method!</i>

No

For Idoc and RFC, adapters r required.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi ,

> >>which is xi compatible formats?is idoc,rfc?

>

> Both are XI compatiable...

>

> >>>if i used idoc adapter and rfc adapter, and then

> xi is actually using proxy communication method

> instead of adapters communication method!

>

> No.

>

> Proxy communication happens when you send message

> directly to integration engine of the application

> system.

>

> Regards,

> Sumit

send message directly to integration engine of the application?

directly! to do so,and then it does not pass by integration server of xi?

if so,where is the function of xi?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it passes through a Integration Engine which is part of Integration Server.

Proxy communicates directly with Integration Engine and bypasses adapter engine

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joy,

There are 3 components inside Integration Server ..

Integration Engine.. (IE)

Business Process Engine..(BPE)

Adapter Engine..(AE)

Typically when a adapter is the message goes from AE --> IE.

Incase of proxy the message directly comes inside IE. That is why proxy comm is also called adapter less since no conversion to xml happens.

Regards,

Sumit