cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving PDF Form locally along with the entered data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are trying to create an offline form in NWDS with embedded Adobe Livecycle 7.1. Since this is for offline scenario, we would like the users to be able to save the form on their local computer. Also, users should be able to save <b> any data they have entered</b> in the form; and then submit the form whenever they are ready.

Our issue is that there is no “Save” button on the PDF form? We have tested with Adobe reader 7 and 8. Is there a configuration that we are missing in ADS?

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Robby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robby,

Have you check in the menu of Adobe document, here you should find 'SAVE' or 'SAVE AS' function .

Also when you generate your form, do you set it as "FILLABLE" in sfpdocparams attributes ?

Hope it's help .

Best regards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robby,

Do you solved it ?

My offline forms works fine , user have to go to the menu to save it then they can send it back by mail and it's proceed by SAP without any problem .

Best regards

i042339
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I can understand your problem. You might not have done the data mapping.

once you do the data mapping. You can easiliy save the PDF.

Please reply if you are facing any other problem. I am sure I can provide you some pointer in this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi robby. currently i also have encounter the same problem as what you have but i still trying to solve it.. i decided so share with you what i found.. hope it could hear you out abit.

for what i know you can create a button and inside there you can code this javascript

app.execMenuItem("SaveAs");

this is able you to save the blank PDF.. but for those data you entered it is not there.. but then i do see on some thread on the <b>Reader Rights Credential</b> -> http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/56/f2c94a069f44a785b85748e11f82a0/frameset.htm

hope it can help you out. in the meanwhile i will try to explore it more and i successfully solve this problem i will share it with you..

Regards

Ng Jia Jun