cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem: Sap IDEs 4.71 and BW 3.1 IDES on one system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I managed to install the sap ides 4.71 on windows 2000 server. The system worked perfectly and I was able to start it over the mmc. Then I instaled BW 3.1 which works too. Problem is that I can't start SAP 4.71, because it doesn't appear in the mmc anymore.

All services are running for both systems. When I logon for Sap 4.71 over the sap logon I access Bw 3.1?

The funny part is that if I stop the services for bw, SAP ides 4.71 appears in the mmc and the other way around. But I would like to run both systems so I can extraxt data from r/3 to BW ?

Does anyone know the problem or solution ? Or can I start SAP 4.71 IDES manually?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume that you are running your system with an Oracle database.

I also assume that you have installed the Oracle software twice.

please have a look at the installation documentation and search for Multiple Oracle Home.

regards

Peter

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it's just an education system and don't need to print my reports

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eric,

thanks for your reply. I checked both (BIW and R/3) and they already have spo = 1.

I started 4.7 first then logged on and it was ok. Then BW had that error message in transaction sick.

Can I still work with the system despite the error in sick, because the most of transactions work etc. ?

Thanks in Advance.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if this is just an IDES for learning purpose, you can continue to play with your system, but obviously, you won't be able to print out of it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I meanwhile solved the problem. When you install bw and r/3 on one system the system numbers must be different not only the sid. So i put 00 for R/3 and 10 for BW and it works perfectly.

Now i can run BW and R/3 at once and connect them. The only problem now is, that when i log into R/3 and run transaction sick, i get following message:

"no application server offers an SPO". On the other hand BW is healthy.

What's the problem with r/3 ?

Thanks in advance.

Message was edited by:

Jason83

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jason, adapt your instance profile for your R/3 system

path:

C:\usr\sap\[SID]\SYS\profile\[SID]_DVEBMGS00_[servername]

make sure you get rdisp/wp_no_spo = 1

then, restart your R/3 system.