cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative method for navigating to another page ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Currently I am using the method below to navigate to another application :

String urlToExitPage = WDURLGenerator.getApplicationURL(deployableObjectPart,urlParameters);

wdThis.wdGetCreationInterfaceViewController().wdFirePlugExitPage(urlToExitPage);.

May I ask if there anoher way to achieve this instead of using the methid above. The reason for asking is because the code works fine if I were to call it from a view. However, it fails when I execute it from the component controller. Thank you very much.

from

Kwok Wei

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What plug is it.. Are u trying to fire it to a seperate external url.

Then the urlparameter name should be Url of type string.

But if its working from a view i think you have defined navigatin links between those 2 views...

Since you are saying its a seperate applicztion.. i think it ought to Url of type String and it is a exit plug..!

Have you defined any navigational links between those 2 views???

Message was edited by: Bharathwaj R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is very strange -- this code should wok (and actually work in my applications) from any controller.

Do you receive any error messages? Or simply nothing happens?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why can't you call it from the view itself? Any specific reason?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apologies for not giving more specific details .

The reason why its called from the component controller is because I am doing some initialisation and should any error occurs, it will execute the code and navigate to the next application.

Perhaps the way I'm doing is incorrect so any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

from

KW

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case trigger an event to the view from the controller and fire the plug from the view.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Noufal,

Thats what I did but I got an exception. It seems that the code above works if I were to call it from a view but fails in my case as i am calling it from the component controller.

I am digging through the past archives in SDN and someone suggested launching an external window. I shall try that method and see if it works.

from

KW

from

Kwok Wei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create an event in the component controller and its cation in the view. IN the action handler call the plug.

As your code works fine in the view, it should work fine.

REgards

NOufal