Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me Please...New Material Type doesn't check availability

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

SAP version is ECC 6.0

New material type were created. But I didn't set related IMG(; availability check : Define Checking Groups Default Value). Before setting this IMG, so many material masters were created.

When sales order create, these material master cannot do availability checking and have confirmed Qty regardless of available stocks. Of course, I did set IMG after that, new created material masters are checked avilability. But already maden material masters still cannot check availabilty.

How can I do to use the already maden material masters?

Thank you for your advice.

Regards

Onestone

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have now maintained the settings for availability check in the IMG. In that you must have created the <b>checking group</b>. Try using this checking group for all the old material masters.

You can go to MM02 - Sales:General/plant screen of the material master. Here you will find the field for <b>"availabilty check"</b> - enter the new checking group which you have created and save the master.

This should solve your problem.

Reward points if solution helps.

Regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks your advice.

I made new checking group "03" by coping "02" and other related setting. And I changed the "availability check" field in material master. But when I made new sales order, it isn't usable still.

If you have other solution or point, give me a message please.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It will work if:

1. the availability check is activated at requirement class level (OVZG)

2. since schedule line category triggers the work, switch it on (VOV6, or OVZ8)

3. maintain requirement type/requirement class default value (OVZH)

4. the checking group is filled in MMR (mrp 3 view)

5. plant is derived from a master record, or entered manually

This should be sufficient..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks your advice.

I search for your points. But I think it's not incorrect. Because when I made sales order by using new created material master, it's well checked.

I think it is due to other reason.

If you have other solution or point, give me a message please.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If old MMR is already updated, how is it influencing order creation differently? I still suspect this issue is from maintenance of material master.

I don't work on ECC6.

Other people please advise.

Message was edited by:

John MG