cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of R3ta

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recently tried to use the table splitting feature available with the Installation Master 640 CD (September 2006). While it seemed to process the table splitting file without any issues, when it came time to start exporting, the table splitting did not work. In each of the logs for the EDI40-1 through EDI40-4 files I found the following error:

(EXP) ERROR: DbSlPrepare/BegRead failed

rc = 99, table "EDI40"

(SQL error -217)

error message returned by DbSl:

INF4294967079: Column (DOCNUM) not found in any table in the query (or SLV is undefined).

The temporary index had been generated to help with export of these tables. DOCNUM is certainly a field of this table and is even one of the fields making up the composite index for this table.

Is this simply a dbsl library issue? I thought the version I used was realtively up to date.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Warren Chirhart

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved sometime ago. After generating the .WHR file with R3ta, the " " must be removed from around the field name and saved. Then ran where_splitter and was able to use the table splitting for the export.

Tools, which are usually helpful, can do the strangest things sometimes. Chalk one up to experience.

Former Member
0 Kudos

A couple of other pieces of information:

R3ta patch release 3 was used.

R3load, R3szchk and R3ldctl were all patched with the latest releases as of end of July.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just an update, I tried replacing the dbsl with a more current version, but the result was the same.