cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Demand on sundays

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I am releasing Forecast from DP to SNP for one product-location.

My SNP planning book is in days.

The forecast is 700, we want to have the total forecast in 6 days (aprox 117 per day) from Monday to Saturday.

In order to get this behavior I'm using a TimeStream with only six days assigned to the Shipping Calendar in the Calendar Tab of the Location Master. I got the 117 per day, but I still have demand on Sundays. How can I avoid this?

Thanks in advanced

-Italo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Italo,

In our project, we have exactly the same problem with yours.

First of all, we are using APO 4.1.

We have monthly time buckets in DP and I am trying to come up with demands on 6 days a week in SNP. There is no problem about the calculation of the daily forecast quantity. But when I try to release the forecasts to SNP, I still observe demands on Sundays which should not be the case.

Do you still remember the solution to your problem? I would appreciate any kind of help on this issue.

Thanks in advance.

~isil

hitaloc1971
Participant
0 Kudos

We set a calendar with only 6 days in the Shipping Calendar in the Calendar tab of tx /SAPAPO/LOC3

hope this helps

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the transaction to maintain the Time streams - /SAPAPO/CALENDAR, in the tab for calculation rule - mark number 1 to 6 (make sure you do not have the number 7 -sunday)

Then F9 or execute the Caluclate periods icon. Make sure your sundays do not come into play

Also, in the storage bucket you wouldve used for SNP planning area (more relevant for the time series KF) , make sure this time stream is added. So when you look at your daily data view it should not have any sundays at all

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you have some spare Livecache to play with..... i would also suggest having an intermediate DP planning area - configure it with a daily storage bucket with the 6 day Timestream. get the data there and pass it on to the SNP plannign area. (you can restrict the horizon of the transfer)

former_member788297
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Italo,

Check as per the SAP Note 414965.

Regards,

Chava

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I presume you are using the daily bucket profile while releasing the forecasts. Can you specify if Sunday is the day with 117, which day does not have any? Are there any BADIs active during release?