cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from Classic to Extended Classic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would be grateful if you could let me know what is technically involved in migrating from classic to extended classic. We are using SRM 4.

I would also like to know how long this would take and any cost information and an impact on any current master data and new data that would need to be set up.

Many thanks.

Jeff.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeff

Switching should be relatively simple for you.

You need to activate extended in customising and will also need to have the correct number ranges and document types for POs maintained in SRM and the backend.

Regards

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keith/All, many thanks for your reply. I do have some other questions if you could help.

Is there any other technical data that would require creating? Do you advise your clients to go to extended rather than classic? I take it from your reply that migrating to Extended Classic is not so much a time issue as a decision whether to conduct purchasing from EBP or backend. However, would this 5 or 10 days? Any idea on length of time will do.

Would you also be able to point me in the direction of any documentation for this?

Many thanks for your help.

Jeff.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls see the foll thread: