cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote key for lookup tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need some advice on remote keys for lookup tables.

We have loaded lookup data from several client system into the MDM repository. Each of the client system can have diffferences in the lookup values. What we need to do is to enable the keymappings so that the syndicator would know which value belongs to which system.

The tricky part is. We haven't managed to send out the values based on the remote keys. We do <b></b>not<b></b> want to send the lookup tables themselves but the actually main table records. All lookup data should be checked at the point of the syndication and only the used lookup values that orginally came from one system should be send to that particular system. Otherwise they should be tag should be blank.

Is this the right approach to handle this demand or is there a different way to take care of this? What would be the right settings in the syndicator?

Help will be rewarded.

Thank you very much

best regards

Nicolas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AndreasSeifried
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

yes, this is the right approach. In Syndicator, you can expand all the main table fields, which point to a remote-key-enabled lookup table. You then have a node [Remote Key] that you can map to the target structure.

Regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

thanks for the answer. That's exactly what I thought and what I did. But somehow I don't get any values send out even though they have remote keys for this particular system. Is there another setting that I need to set in the Syndicator?

(The remote keys are of course enabled in the Console for all these tables and the values themselves in the data mangeer show the remote keys from the client systems)

Nicolas

AndreasSeifried
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

... and you are syndicating for exactly that remote system for which there are remote keys in MDM?

This works for sure, I just used it with SP05 P2.

Andreas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's working now. Thanks for the help.

But now comes the limitation.

We are in the centralization scenario. So creating master data in MDM and distributing it to the consuming systems. We do <b></b>not<b></b> create the remote keys in MDM but just send out a Global ID. Most of the old existing records in MDM have remote keys because they were consolidated previously. For those the mapping on remote keys will work. But obviously the new created ones don't have remote keys.

If they don't have a remote key the syndicator couldn't filter on the lookup tables.

What is the SAP standard approach for that? How could we solve it?

Appriciate your input

best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

This works for SP05 P1 also. Check the syndication map properties. You can mention the "sydication to" system names.

Populate remote key values for lookup table records also.

Regards

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

I cannot find the setting. Can you please specify exactly how the setting should look like to make the scenario work?

Thanks I will reward the answer.

best regard

Nicolas

AndreasSeifried
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

what kind of data do you hold in the lookup tables?

Probably this is customizing data from the client systems... If so, you can not simply create new entries in the lookup tables, but need to create this customizing data in the client system and re-import into MDM. This way you fill finally have the new entries in the lookup table together with the correct remote keys.

Kind regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

that is correct. Let's take two examples:

1) regions

2) Sales Area data (qualified lookup data)

Both tables are filled and loaded directly from the R/3s. So you would already know which value belongs to which system.

The problem that I have is that we will not map the remote key from the main table because it will be blank for new created master data (Centralization scenario). Therefore we cannot map the remote key from the attached lookup tables, can we?

The remote key will only work for lookup tables if the remote key of the actual master data is mapped. Since we don't have the remote key (local customer ID form R/3) in MDM and since we do not create it at the point of the syndication... how would the SAP standard scenario would look like for that?

This is nothing extraordinary it's just a standard centralization scneario.

Please advice.

Thanks alot

best regards

Nicolas

AndreasSeifried
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

maybe you can workaround by mapping the (empty) remote key field anyway? Maybe to some dummy field if required? If not, please wait until your request in the support system got processed...

Kind regards,

Andreas