Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Database Backup Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While trying to take the Online database backup , i get the following error

BR0278E Command output of 'LANG=C cd /oracle/CPD/sapdata1/sr3_1 && echo sr3.data1 | LANG=C cpio -ovB > /dev/rmt0.1':

<sr3.data1> ?

BR0280I BRBACKUP time stamp: 2007-09-14 15.42.29

BR0279E Return code from 'LANG=C cd /oracle/CPD/sapdata1/sr3_1 && echo sr3.data1 | LANG=C cpio -ovB > /dev/rmt0.1': 255

BR0222E Copying /oracle/CPD/sapdata1/sr3_1/sr3.data1 to/from /dev/rmt0.1 failed due to previous errors

Is there anything related with the expiration period as i had made changes withthat too.

Kindly suggest what needs to be done?

Regards,

Radeesh V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radeesh,

Pls check the following

1)The file to be backed up cannot be read. this can be due to hardware problems on the disk on which the file is stored.

2)The file to be backed up cannot be written to the volume. this can be due to hardware problems with the volume or the backup device.

3)The backup device is not responding, for example if no volume (tape) was inserted in the backup device.

4) The input or output file cannot be opened. The operating system user is experiencing authorization problems.

5) The physical end of the tape was reached. However, since a parallel backup is performed or the option -c force was used, cpio cannot request a cpio continuation volume. The tape size (parameter tape_size) must be reduced.

Hope this is useful

Regards

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radeesh,

Can you pls copy the log file from sapbackup directory.

Regards,

Payal

Message was edited by:

Payal Patel