cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Images (gif or jpg) in VC application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi i have a requirement where i need to consume an custom RFC, the export parameter of the rfc gives me 10 values and i wan to show gif or jpg pictures against each one of them...

Please guide me step by step as i am new to VC, we are on EP7.

Please do also refer similar blogs if we have any....

If anyone has done similar kind of application please send me the documentation.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jass,

In VC Storyboard select tools -> Image manager

and add image in image manager.

then select Image control from compose box. and in properties select the image.

Regards,

Hemalatha

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

okie thanks got the answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jass,

Through Tools-> Image Manager, you can upload the picture files.

Then using Image control in forms, you can display the images. You can also provide formulas regarding the visibility of each image.

Regards,

Shemim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) I am able to upload and deploy a normal jpg picture but wat for i m struggling is dat i wan to delploy a motion gif picture ...i m sure it must work.

if i consume a gif image i can c it static,,,it does not display in motion...the size of the pic i have given is also very small.. please suggest.

2) Also a small doubt since VC gives it output in Flash can it consume Flash files too to display in the outptut??

Message was edited by:

Jass

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure you can use an animated gif.

1) please try a workaround where you use a HTML View, with a URL that points to this animated GIF.

2) If I undestood you correctly - currently you cannot consume external flash files as part as the main iView/Movie

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amir if i attach a href URL for the gif image in the HTML page then , i dont think that this image will be consumed in portal. Wat will happen if i transport the view to PRD or QA ?

or shall i use KM for this ...if yes then how?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jass,

You have to store that .gif file on production and QA server with same location.

Also tell me, you want to display single pic or 10 pics?

If you want to display 10 pics then use visibility condition for each pic. 1st store all values in datastore element then compair that values in visibilty condition.

Regards

Pramod

javed_shaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi you are absolutely right you can consume the images in Html frame , then use the HTML frmae in the application . so you can get your reqmnt done.

Link all these files to KM .... now transport these KM stuff to QA and PRD too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jass,

refer this links,

regards,

kanagaraj