cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dynamic url parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Has anyone experience in adding url parameters to a WDA url at runtime?

Example:

We have a WDA application with a tabstrip containing several tabs. Regardless of the selected tab the URL always is the same. What we want is that each time the tab is changed the url is changed. Sample:

tab1 = www.hugo.com/wdaappl?tab=tab1

tab2 = www.hugo.com/wdaappl?tab=tab2

tab3 = www.hugo.com/wdaappl?tab=tab3

Background:

We have a tool for creating web statistics and this tool can only deal with urls. We want to measure not only the call of the whole application, but the call of the tabs within the tabstrip.

Any hints?

Thanx in advance.

Regards,

Volker

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

There is class CL_WDR_CLIENT_ABSTRACT_HTTP which has an inherited method IF_WDR_CLIENT~SEND_REDIRECT( ) - Sends redirect response to client using the specified URL.

May be it could help in your case.

To create an object of this class the constructor requires objects of IF_WDR_CLIENT_INFO_OBJECT, IF_WDR_CLIENT and IF_WDR_RESPONSE_RENDERER.

I am trying to figure out how to get those instances.

Regards,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya!

Thanx. It would be great if you could find out a little bit more concerning this class and especially how to instantiate it. I had a look at it and maybe it can be my solution ....

Regards,

Volker

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Volker,

I believe that can be done, but it can lead to inconsistencies in your application. Suppose you manage to change the URL during runtime; when the URL changes, probably a "refresh" will occur in the browser. That'll make your application start again, from the beginning, and all instantiated components, context elements, etc, will be empty again.

That gets even more complicated if you are running your application from within a portal iView, as the URL will be that of the Portal.

Anyway, good luck

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre!

I do not plan to change the URL itself. I just wanna add some URL parameters.

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand, Volker, but when you add some parameters, in fact you are changing the URL, and it will be re-posted to the webserver. As Ameya stated out, the method to change the URL is SEND_REDIRECT - it will redirect your "page" to another URL.

I believe that what you need is not feasible.

Regards

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thanks.

Has someone else in the forum any idea?

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Volker,

Are there any other options to update this kind of information on this specific software? Maybe webservices? Can you post more information about this software?

Regards

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

there is always another way, that is we produce the statistics within our application. But in my customer situation it is not the preferred way. The preferred way is having URL parameters.

Reragds,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Volker,

In this case, I don't know how to help you

Good luck!

Andre