cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Infrastructure 7.0 JSP on Windows Mobile installation..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have an urgent need for installation (.cab/.exe) for a MI 7.0 JSP SP11(or the latest SP12)

for Windows Mobile 5.0 based device.. Do you have any notion from where I can get the

installation? A look through SAP Notes did not get me to any meaningful issue .. only some patch sca's etc.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Lalo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar,

Thanks so far!

I've uninstalled the old version and reinstalled it again. After that I've performed cold-restart of the device. When starting the device again, Mobile Engine Home entry was already part of the Windows Start menu. Triggering this page tries to load file://\MI\os_select.html and again the error "The page cannot be displayed because the server could not be found or a DNS error occurred" appears...

On the previous installation I've modified start_me.html to use localhost, not 127.0.0.1, but the result was much the same... I do not know if the ActiveSync connection to my laptop can have any impact on this...

Best regards,

Lalo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The DNS error that you see is when you actually open MI using the os_select.html is due to the fact the MI is not completely started when you clicked on the file. Because of the change in architecture in WM 5.0, it takes a longer time for tomcat to start up (MI relies on tomcat server). Hence one concrete solution to this problem is to wait for around 10 - 15 seconds after soft reset of the PDA and then click the os_select.html file. Else after the PDA is reset open the contents of jscpout.tx(which is present in the root dir) file and see for and entry "MOBILE INFRASTRUCTURE 7.0 SUCCESSFULLY LAUNCHED" or "Starting tomcat. Check logs/tomcat.log for error messages". Once you see either of the above statements, run the os_select.html file and this should open MI successfully.

You can also refer to my replies in following

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again guys,

Ok, I've donwloaded the NWMCLIENT12P_2-20000910.SCA and extracted MAP70_WinCESetupTomcat_Tomcat.CAB

I've already succeeded to install Creme 3.27 and the MI specified above on my mobile device.

However, the start_me.html run from the installed MI gives me the error "The page cannot be displayed because the server could not be found or a DNS error occurred". Do you have any idea what can cause this?

Thanks,

Lalo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After installation of MI, restart the device first, and if you are using Windows Mobile 2005, then run the os_select.html rather than start_me.html

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalo,

For this, go to http://service.sap.com/swdc. Navigate to SAP NetWeaver 2004 and then SAP MI.

Regards,

Nameeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalo

Please see my reply in the following for the exact location.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Sivakumar