cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD Parameter Object Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

When I access http://<localhost>:50000/sld, then clicking on to Technical Landscape, I get an error "Please set the SLD Parameter Object Server first".

I suspect that I haven't activated SLD. So I searched on how to activate it and found this procedure, "Configuring and Activating System Landscape".

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/52/784641db92491de10000000a155106/frameset.htm

<i>Procedure

The SLD is part of the J2EE Engine. To activate and configure an SLD; you need to perform the following steps:

1. Execute the following URL to open the SLD start page: http://<host>:<port>/sld. <Host> and <Port> are the values for the associated J2EE Engine.

2. Choose Administration -- Server Settings.</i>

The weird thing is that when I access SLD start page, I couldn't find "Administration" in it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

Is your page for SLD is coming properly after successful login using Administrator or j2ee_admin user?

If yes, then there is one link "Administration" on top go there and set Server ID in server settings link.

But if you are not getting the first page, what you are getting instead?

If you are able to login and then some error comes, it means user id is not locked, and the problem with some authorization or any other problem.

But if login dialog box, doesn't go after entering username and password then problem is that your userid is locked due to some reason. You have to unlock userid then.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

Yes, the SLD page is coming properly after using Administrator.

I couldn't find the link "Administration". I can only see clickable links like HOME, HELP, TECHNICAL LANDSCAPE, BUSINESS LANDSCAPE, SOFTWARE CATALOG, NAME RESERVATION, CONTENT BROWSER, and CLASS BROWSER.

After logging in successfully with Administrator, I click on TECHNICAL LANDSCAPE. Then that is when I get the error.

Thanks!

Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

Ok then goto this link and check the role for that.

http://<host>:<port>/useradmin

try to login using Administrator or J2ee_admin.

then, check what roles are assigned to this user?

regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

I logged in using Administrator.

Assigned roles to Administrator are:

1. Administrator

2. JDI.Administrator

Regards,

Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Additional Info:

I can also see a clickable link below that says, "Namespace: sld/active".

When I click on it, a prompt comes out "Please start the SLD server first."

> Hi Bhavik,

>

> Yes, the SLD page is coming properly after using

> Administrator.

>

> I couldn't find the link "Administration". I can

> only see clickable links like HOME, HELP, TECHNICAL

> LANDSCAPE, BUSINESS LANDSCAPE, SOFTWARE CATALOG, NAME

> RESERVATION, CONTENT BROWSER, and CLASS BROWSER.

>

> After logging in successfully with Administrator, I

> click on TECHNICAL LANDSCAPE. Then that is when I

> get the error.

>

> Thanks!

>

> Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

you have to start the SLD server from the Administration link in the sld page. Once you try to start the SLD server you have to give the name of the Object Server as the instance name of your J2EE engine i.e. J2E or something like that.

Shubhadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I went thru the steps in creating a new user ID and assigning this to the needed groups and roles.

The new user id was nwdi_admin.

I logged in using the new id and it worked. I can see "Administration" now, between "Home" and "Help".

When I used the user id Administrator. The "Administration" link is still missing.

Problem solved. Thanks!

Regards,

Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric,

what are the roles you have assigned to the newly created user?

Regards,

Shubhadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubhadip,

I created a role called "Administrator" and assigned them with CBS.Administrator and CMS.Administrate actions.

But what really solved the problem was in the J2EE Visual Administration (go.bat). Went to Cluster > Security Provider > Runtime > Policy Configurations.

Then under Components of Policy Configurations, select <i>sap.com/com.sap.lcr*sld</i>. On the right side, select Security Roles.

Selected LcrAdministrator and added Administrator group. This solved the problem.

Best regards,

Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this URL then

http://<server>:50000/sld/admin/index.jsp

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried the URL, it returned this error:

403 Forbidden

You are not authorized to view the requested resource

Details: No details available

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmmm

Is your user assigned to the Administrator group

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Erik,

you need to login with the J2EE admin user

shubhadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pran,

I used the username "Administrator". I guess this is included in the Administrator Group.

Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if you are possible to log in the Visual admin with that Id.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noufal,

Yes, I can log in to the Visual Admin using "Administrator" id.

Erik