cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

input field with f4 help + Event

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello friends,

I have an inputfield with f4 help, I want to fire an even when user selects the f4 help, in input field there on only one event avaiable on Enter, but this did not work for me, as I want to fire an event when user selects values from f4 help....

Any suggestion ?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ankur_garg5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shah,

As far as I have tried in Web Dynpro, I have never been able to generate an event on selection of F4. An event can occur only when the person clicks the enter button.

@Monalisa

Hi,

I couldn't exactly understand what you are asking to do. I tried something though. The value attribute which is bound to the input field, I set its calculated property to true. And in its getter method i display a message. When I deploy the application, the message which should have been displayed on selecting the F4, is already displayed without doing anything.

Next i create another value attribute and set its calculated property to true (as asked by you). Then I display the message in its getter method. But i don't understand what use it is, when will that getter method get called. As expected, on deploying, nothing happened on selecting the F4.

Bye

Ankur

monalisa_biswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

create one value attribute under the same context node.

set its calculated property to true.

In the getter method of the value attribute write ur code which u want 2 execute on selection of evs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shah,

Since you are saying selection of f4 help, I assume that there is drop down lsit for f4 help,whose onSelect method you can make use of.

Regards,

Ganga.