cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thread in Webdynpro's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we have a background process something like a thread running in the background continuosly and executing some tasks in webdynpro and on switching from 1 view to another the thread should get killed.

Regards,

Jayant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be you can use TimedTrigger UIelement and read the file in the "OnAction" event and fire the method accordingly.

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

The problem with timed trigger is values in the input fields get blank once the action is executed. Any way out of this???

Regards,

Jayant

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the problem is that the page is being refreshed before even submitting the information to the server, therefore the bind variables aren't updated. When the page is refreshed, it refreshes these variable values.

I believe you must get the values from the inputfields and assing the programtically on the TimedTrigger onAction.

Please reply if it helps.

Homer Vargas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Probably you may use scheduler service for your task?

Then check this message

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you mean because of the action the inputfields became NULL !!!

Please check the context attribute associated with those inputfields has any values after executing the action.

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

I have not set any context attributes to null. But once the page is refreshed automatically all the data in the input field vanishes.

Regards,

Jayant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you bound the InputField.value property to a context attribute at all?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i have bound but the context attribute to which i have bound the input field value property is null when the action of timed trigger is fired ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to read a file continously and based on the file content i want to perform some webdynpro action. Is it possible because the file keeps changing and i always need to keep accessing the file.

Regards,

Jayant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayant,

Please search in the forums , you can find related results !!!

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thread are not recommended in WebDynpro.

Please post your problem so that we may be able to help you out.

Regards

Noufal