cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default tax jurisdiction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I have to continue with my questions regarding this tax jurisdictions.

We use SRM 4.0 server 5.0 and extended classic scenario. Our tax calculations are done in R/3. I have added a customer specific field for the tax jurisdiction in SRM, because I couldn't see how I could avoid this field. When the requester enters a jurisdiction code here, the tax validation takes place and this is OK. But this jur code is being overwritten when the PO is sent to R/3 - probably because of the plant's jurisdiction code, that is done in customizing in R/3.

> I believe I should make some kind of BAdI change in R/3 that will overwrite the default setting in R/3, right? How have you guys done this?

We only use 1 plant for all of our US shopping carts, meaning that practically 1 jur code is used in R/3 for the SRM POs, but I need to ensure, that whatever I put into the SC/PO in SRM gets transfered to R/3.

Another topic concerning tax jur codes:

> There are no specific attributes for a user in SRM that can give them a defaul jurisdiction code, right? How could I get my user defined field to get a default value for a jur code?

Thanks for info - these jurisdiction codes are giving me lots of issues I believe, although I would expect something like tax jurisdiction to be rather standard.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see the foll notes:

<b>Note 881086 - Country-specific tax calculation</b>

984842 - Change to sales/purchases tax rates in Germany Jan 01, 2007

741822 - TAX. Problems w/ Backend tax indicator and jurisdiction code

657146 - Enhancement for US tax calulation: Functions

625819 - Enhancement for US tax calculation

436760 - TAX. Specify a tax jurisdiction key

Also if you want to default the user defined field based on the USER attributes defined in the Org Structure,you can create a custom attribute in PPOMA_BBP and then mainatin the value for this custom attribute at the user level in the Org structure and acc default the Value for the user defined field .

Also see the foll related threads:

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=5244213&messageID=3283540

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the fast replies.

I just added a custom field to the attributes and got this working fine as well - well almost.

I have created a custom field in the SC and the PO called Tax jurisdiction. I then need to make some kind of mapping between the new attribute and this tax jur code field in the SC/PO. I would expect I could use the BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI, any other suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the foll BADI's to default the value for the custom field.

BBP_CUF_BADI_2

BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI

In the BADI,read the attributes for the user using the FM "BBP_READ_ATTRIBUTES" and based on the value of the custom attribute, set the value for the user defined field.

HTH.

BR,

Disha.

<b>Pls reward points for useful answers.</b>

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the following BAdI to achieve your desired functionality: BBP_DET_TAXCODE_BADI (Determine Tax Code).

BR,

Vijay Mittal

Plz award the points if it helps you.