cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrap sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any buddy let me know how do we configure Scrap sales in SD and what is the goods movement type for quality to scrap?

Mail id : y.s.rao.sap@gmail.com

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>Scrap can be of following types:</b>

1. Scrap generated from manufacturing.

2. stationary scrap

3. Items rejected while manufacturing which are beyond any repair.

4. Used coolant oil, coton waste, packing material which is not worth using.

etc.

How can scrap come from quality department directly. Any finished goods item rejected in qualtity and which is beyond repair is sent to the scrap yard as scrap. Also in the factory scrap is generated at various work centres.

Any hazardous waste before being disposed off is checked for the toxicity but this is different from quality. If the raw material is costly or of higher grade, the quality of the scrap being generated can fetch you more money.

<b>Configuration:</b>

Scrap also generates revenue for the company. So we sell it and for selling you need to have a finished product, In MM01 create material for scrap, use material type as "FERT" - in MRP screen use MRP type as "ND-No Planning". There will be some costing factors related with scrap also. Save the material.

<b>Pricing:</b>

As per rule the only difference in scrap sales is a new condition type called as "TCS - tax collected at source". I think the rate for this tax is "1.133" or may be it differs also. You will have to add this condition type in the pricing procedure for scrap sales. In VK11 you have to mantain the condition records for this material also.

Reward points if solution helps.

Regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

U CAN SEARCH IN FORUM FOR THIS.

<b>Glimpse of Scrap sales:</b>

Scrap Sale Process is similar to Normal Sales process, except for Pricing Procedure. In Scrap Sale Pricing Procedure, at the end of the pricing Procedure, we require to configure TCS (Tax Collected at Source) condition type, which is payable to the Government. TCS % details are normally provided by the Client.

This can mapped into SAP by two procedure:

TAXINN & TAXINJ

The taxinj uses taxcode for mapping

TAXINN uses cond record for mapping

I have also send mail with screen shots

rewards if helpful

regards,

Arun prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Can u please send the screen shots for scrap sales with exice and without exice it will be a great help to me.

thanks

Srinivas.N

And Also want to know from your end that when customer returns exice goods to your plant or depot what is the procedure and how it is configaurd in SAP.

Please reply waiting for same.

thanks

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

551 is the Movement Type, normally you don't have valuation in case of scrap material....also excise is involved...means your invoice will be a excise invoice.

Reward points if it helps,

Regards,

N