cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating data types with o....unbound

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have message type DT_RECORD with the below fields with occurence of '1'.

1.empname

2. empnum

3. age

As I have 10000 records I want to use this DT_RECORD structure in another structure DT_RECORD_FILE. (0....unbound). Could you plz tell me the steps to upload the DT_RECORD structure in DT_RECORD_FILE structure ?? I am looking for the navigation steps. Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

first of all u need to create DT_RECORD,then u need to create DT_RECORD_FILE and under the type column(where we give xsd:string etc),browse all the way up in the drop down menu and u will see and option to add custom types,there u can add DT_RECORD

thanx

aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir ! I have browsed down the menu all the way and I didn't found any opiton like " custom type". Could you please be further specific ?? From the drop down menu which option should be selected ?? Even if we select the option from the drop down menu.........how can we upload the DT_RECORD to DT_RECORD_FILE ??

Thanks

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

i m not sure about the exact type but its blue is color and all the way up in the pull down menu.

see just click under the type column (where we normally give xsd:string etc.it will open a menu,now in this menu u will scroll all the way up and u will find a option in blue color,once u click on that it will open another window where u can select the DT_RECORD.

its the top most option(in blue color)

i don't have access to server right now else i would have told u:(

thanx

aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the Data Type window, there is coloumn called "Type" where we have to specify the type of the data.(like string, int, date etc). Now here you are pointing to DT_RECORD_***. So you have to click on "<b>Search Help</b>"(from the same text fileld from where xsd:string etc is selected that is blue in color). It will open a new window from there you can select you defined/created data Type.

Thanks & Regards,

Farooq.

<b>*Rewards points if found useful*</b>

Answers (0)