cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display error message from SLG1 on shopping cart screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have implemented a 'BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER' badi. I am adding all the custom error messages in ET_SC_MESSAGES export parameter of this badi. As a result of this, all the custom error messages added in the above parameter, gets logged in the application log SLG1 automatically and I can see those custom messages in SLG1. Now how to display this message from SLG1 on the shopping cart screen on the top where you normally see standard error messages in red.

Can anyone please help me on this?

Thanks,

Krupa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To display the custom error messages ,you can use the BADI "BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI".Any specific reqt for using the BADI 'BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER' ?

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha thanks for your reply. I am using BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER badi, to map vendor's UNSPSC code (category id) to SRM material group. During this transfer, if any error occurs while finding the corresponding SRM material group for the vendor's UNSPSC code, then I have to write these errors in application log ie. SLG1 and also display them on shopping cart screen for eg. "correct material group could not be derived for vendor's UNSPSC code" so that user knows why the item could not be transferred. IN this badi, I am putting those errors in ET_SC_MESSAGES export parameter, which writes these errors in SLG1 automatically. But now I also want to display these errors on shopping cart screen on the top (NOT as a pop-up). Because if you do normal error handling like you do in any function modules with message statement, it gives pop-up in SRM screen and blocks the screen. We dont want that.

Thanks,

Krupa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you need to implement the BADI "BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI" for that.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Which SRM version are you using ?

I have not tried this... but I think this is not possible to display error messages

using BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER BADI.

<u>Try to code your logic in using BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI for filter type - BUS2121 (shopping cart). You need to add your custom message in ET_MESSAGES [] table.</u>

<b>For sample coding, refer to the link below -></b>

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/srm/bbp_doc_check_badi-CheckPurchasingDocument&

<b>Hope this will definitely help.</b>

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul