cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in output device in communication method (very imp)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Please help me to solve this issue,

I have an output type ZAME this output type They they are using for External send .

But in the communication output device they are using as LOCAL, Now user is asking me why the printer is configured as Local for the output type what is the reason,( Local location is Local printer Via SAPLPD on windows client).

Could please help to solve this quiry, whey we have to give printer name local and where exactly this prints.

Regards,

Muralikrishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to table TNAPR, give the output name it will provide print program & Form name assigned with it.

hope it helps.

annie

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Your question itself has the answer.

You define the printer as Local in communication method. If this is done, the print out will be triggered in the printer which is configured as default printer in the desktop which triggered the transaction.

If the print out has to happen in some other printer, then the printer has to be included in the list of allowed printers in the tcode SPAD. This will be done by the BASIS guys.

Once this is done, you can maintain that printer in communication method. Then irrespective of the default printer, the printout will always happen in the printer maintained in commuincation method.

Hope this helps you.

Reward please, if this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navaneetha,

thanks for your help,

Can you please guide how to give the rewards points for this answer, because i don't know how to give.

Regards,

Muralik

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have one more question,

Now I need to test this output weather email is generating or not.

For that I have to maintain my email id and generate output,

Can you please guide me the step where i need to maintain my email and next what i have to do, please send me the steps then I will fallow and complete this task.

Appriciate your help on executing this task.

Regards,

Muralikrishna

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just on the left hand side of my reply, you can see three radio buttons with 2, 6 adn 10 points respectively. You can just select one of them and that point isgiven to me.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Email generation again has to be configured with teh help of BASIS guy for the internet settings. The transaction code is SCOT i think.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navaneeth,

How to find the print program of the output.

Regards,

Murali.