cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

production support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one project management question. I have some interfaces (think of 50) and they are in go-live phase. So I need to present the resource requirement for the production support. Could you please tell me the basis on which I should select the resources in this case ?? What are the things that I should consider to come into conculsion about the headcount ?? Just I am looking for technical aspects (e.g data volume) and not the environmental or physical reasons.

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

>>resource requirement for the production support

well as the scenarios are in prd they have passed through QA and won't have any explicit flaw in them so in terms of headcount ,1 XI consultant would be enough to monitor the interfaces.

he/she must know troubleshooting and should be able to fix the problem as soon as possible coz u don't want to waste too much time in Prd(client will be loosing revenue every passing sec.:) )

thanx

Aamir

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Palnati,

Normally for production support you will have 20-30% od your development team. Now in your case one Sr. XI consultant and 3 XI Consultant would be perfect (Considering 50 Interfaces).

Nilesh