cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SolMan installation on MS SQL 2000 - Error FCO-00011 dAskForDbName

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am installing Solution Manager 4.0 at SQL 2000 but during the settings I got this error:-

ERROR 2007-09-13 15:22:05

FCO-00011 The step dAskForDbName with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_GetSidNoProfiles|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|NW_getDBInfo|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|NW_MSS_DBINFO|ind|ind|ind|ind|3|0|MssDatabaseInfo|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|dAskForDbName was executed with status ERROR .

Can someone help?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not exactly!

The error is the same!

But it is a Database Instance in a target system.

And the SQL is 2005.

The CD is NW70SR3.

tks,

Nivia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing something similar and I have the same error. How did you solve it?

Please it is very important to me.

Tks in advance,

Nivia

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am doing something similar and I have the same error. How did you solve it?

"something similar" means:

You are installing a second instance of an Solution Manager on Windows with SQL Server 2000?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can post here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ASLM SAQIB BHAI .CAN I KNOW WHERE I CAN POST QUESTIONS RELATED TO SAP BASIS

Former Member
0 Kudos

No I did not drop old database neither uninstall anything. I am just creating an additional instance.

While doing the setup for installation, I am getting this error when system ask for the host;

Warning: The MS SQL Server Personal Edition is not supported for productive operation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My instance name was SM1, however we already have 2 instances of SolMan are running on the server, SMT and SMD.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you uninstall all software before your tried to install again? Did you drop the old databases?

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

TRACE [iaxxejsbas.hpp:460]

EJS_Base::dispatchFunctionCall()

JS Callback has thrown unknown exception. Rethrowing.

ERROR 2007-09-13 15:25:16 [iaxxgenimp.cpp:731]

showDialog()

FCO-00011 The step dAskForDbName with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_GetSidNoProfiles|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|NW_getDBInfo|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|NW_MSS_DBINFO|ind|ind|ind|ind|3|0|MssDatabaseInfo|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|dAskForDbName was executed with status ERROR .

TRACE [iaxxgenimp.cpp:719]

showDialog()

<html><head></head><body><p>An error occurred while processing service <b>SAP Solution Manager 4.0 Support Release 2 > SAP Systems > MS SQL Server > Central System > Central System Installation</b>. You may now</p><ul> <li>press <I>Retry</I> to repeat the current step.</li> <li>press the <I>View Log</I> button to get more information about the error.</li> <li>stop the task and continue with it later.</li></ul><p>Log files are written to <b>C:\Program Files/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN/SYSTEM/MSS/CENTRAL/AS</b>.</p></body></html>

TRACE [iaxxgenimp.cpp:1155]

showDialog()

waiting for an answer from gui

INFO 2007-09-13 15:25:22 [iaxxgenimp.cpp:782]

showDialog()

An error occured and the user decide to stop.\n Current step "|NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_GetSidNoProfiles|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|NW_getDBInfo|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|NW_MSS_DBINFO|ind|ind|ind|ind|3|0|MssDatabaseInfo|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|dAskForDbName".

ERROR 2007-09-13 15:25:16

lib=iamodmssql module=CIaNtMssDmo

MDB-05053 Errors when executing sql command: <p nr="0"/> If this message is displayed as a warning - it can be ignored. If this is an error - call your SAP support.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I´m sorry - too less context.

The system seems to ask for a instance name - what did you enter there?

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, these are the last lines I pasted above.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What are the last lines of sapinst_dev.log containing the error?

--

Markus