cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service management

Former Member
0 Kudos

After creating the service order I tried to post the goods movement data. In the initial screen I clicked the TO tab and entered the service order number, The system gave the following error.

" Current order status XXXXXXX(my service order number) doesn't allow goods withdrawals"

Any suggestions how to proceed.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swapna,

Release the order first, IW32, click on the green flag, you can issue the material once the order is released. After releasing, go to MB1A, select the goods issue for order from the tab, enter your service order number then save. Then do the confirmation by IW41.

Prase

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Swapna,

Hi...visit link-http://help.sap.com/bp_bblibrary/600/BBlibrary_start.htm

Seach serivices mgmt doc..

REWARD POINTS IF U FINDS IT UUSEFUL...

Regds

MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapna,

Can you please tell me the T-codes you are using for

1. Creating Service order and

2. Confirmation of Service orders

Check the following in your service order :

a) Status

b) Whether back-flush indicator was on in the line-item in the Component tab.

Are you in 4.6/4.7 or Ecc 5 / 6?

Hope to help you,

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaustav and Manoj,

Thanks for your reply.

For Creating Service order I use IW31 and when i tried to confirm using t-code IW41 it gave me the error "order is not released". For goods movement data I used t-code MB11.

Status of my service order is "Created Pre-costed object created" and black flush indicator is on at the component level.

I am in version 4.7.

By the way can u explain what is the purpose of equipment in service orders. As the same equipment is used for creating serial numbers and contracts (in VA41), I am little confused.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapna,

There is a release flag button at the left top corner of the IW31/ IW32 screen. You can release the service order ( For this goto IW32 and click on the release flag) before you do Confirmation.

Secondly, If you keep back-flush indicator "ON" then the components reservations are automatically consumed. That means there is no need to do Goods Movement, as the goods movement is automated. The system should be configured for the Automatic Postings (T-code OBYC) for the Movement type defined in your system for goods movement.

<b>Equipment</b> - The equipment in a Technical Object which is used in the service order as the Reference Object. The Equipment master data contains lot of information - e.g General, Location,Organization, Structure,Serial data etc. A combination of a Material and a Serial Number attached to it makes it a Unique combination. This combination is often known as a piece of "Equipment". It is created vide [IE08] and can be displayed by [IE03]. The Eqpt master data is updated in tables EQUI and EQUZ.Each Equipment may be installed under a Functional Location, and can have a Sub equipment or an equipment BOM attached to it.

When you create the service Order, the system copies the relevant master data field from the equiment master, and puts into the service order screen. Data like Customer =>Sold to party, Location, Organisation,Warranty data is copied.This is the significance of the equipment as reference object in Service order.

In Contracts you attach the Equipment as a reference technical object.

Check out the below Link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/3c/abae15413911d1893d0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

Hope this helps you.

Award points if useful