cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ActivePortal/QualityPortal Database Sizes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any recommended initial size for the Active Portal and Quality Portal databases? I'll be using SQL Server 2005.

What account is typically used to authenticate with these databases? An Active Directory account or a SQL Server account?

Thanks for your help!

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

David

in xMII Server, there are two major databases ActivePortal & QualityPortal, which are stored with this paths :

<b>http:
<server>\Lighthammer\Illuminator\ActivePortal

http:
<server>\Lighthammer\Illuminator\QualityPortal

</b>

Both databases are stored in SQL Server and are directly connected by <b>IDBC</b> connector of MSSQL Typed.

There is recommended initial sizes for both databases, which can be neither edited nor deleted. Only you can store data in those databases. For example, if u add comments on a SPC Chart then the added comments are stored in QualityPortal.

If u want to see the data in those DB, u can use Query Template with SQL Query type, then select any of those available in the list of servers (if those DB are made enabled/configured)

Regards

Som

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, Som. I realize there are recommended minimum sizes for these databases but what is that size? 10 Mb? 100 Mb? Or does it not really matter? I created both databases on my development server with minimum sizes of 100 Mb but for my production server I thought I'd better ask.

My other question was "Do most people use Windows authentication or SQL authentication for ther databases?"

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David,

I'm not a DBA, but I would guess that is probably doesn't matter on the DB size (with SQL just let it grow as needed), and the only aspect of the tables that would make the AP database grow significantly would be the Historize option, where it updates the Current table and adds to the history table. The metric configuration table(s) size obviously depends on how much you throw in there, and the alert message table will vary on how often an alert is detected, etc.

In order for xMII to connect through the JDBC driver, you will have to use Mixed Mode authentication for your SQL server (Windows only will not work).

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

When I'm in mixed mode, what account is used to authenticate to the database? In my Active Portal data server, I've got an account name and a password. I also have a AD account and a local SQL server account with the same name and password so I'm not really sure which one I'm using.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Never mind, Jeremy. I just did some password experimentation - my xMII SQL Server data server for ActivePortal is using the SQL Server account, not the AD account.

Answers (0)