cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBASE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

Can someone explain me the function of an ibase?

Is there somewhere documentation available, where an ibase is explained in detail?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use of IBASE,

To be able to use the Service Desk and Change Request scenarios in SAP Solution Manager, you need to define the Installed Base (iBase). An iBase component has to be created for each satellite system from which Service Desk messages will be sent to the SAP Solution Manager system.

The iBase components for the iBase structure SOL_MAN_DATA_REP (installation 1) can be created and assigned either automatically or manually. Note that these components and the assignments can only be created once automatically for every solution.

Doc->

login to solman

SPRO->sap solution manager->Basic settings->sap solman system->service desk->ibase

Now here click on doc and go through it to know how to create initially and even assignment of ibase to BP.

Please reward points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the answer!

But I still do not understand the function of an ibase and what in detail I can steer with such an object?

Can anybody deliver me some more functional information?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manfred,

When a user creates a message from notif_create then he has to provide the ibase which actually in turn tell the system on which problem happened.

As notif_create is not available on satellite systems.

Or Tcode Crmd_order.

In other words to recognize other system we have to create ibase.

If you visit smsy tcode here you have to create systems(satellite systems) provide the RFC user etc.Here also Ibase is used for recognition.

Check the link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/42/157408dd674a9cbc099f634e9bd069/content.htm

or

In business processes, an installed base can be referred to as a general unit or as an individual element (component).

The set of installed objects at the customer’s can be used, for example:

· To determine the exact object for which a problem has been reported

· To determine in detail what the transaction (for example, visit by field service representative, repair by a service employee) refers to

· By the service employee as information about which object is affected and the parts it consists of

· For documenting changes made to objects

In addition to this direct use of the installed base data in the context of individual service processes with the customer, it also represents the base for additional evaluations, such as:

· Activities covered by service contracts

· Statistics

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/b3/00eb39b0007b1be10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Hope it clears your doubt.

Please reward points.

(Rewarding points is another way of saying thanks on SDN)